By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predictions: How many Nintendo Switches sold will Nintendo report for Dec. 31st?

How many Nintendo Switch by December 31st?

Between 9 million and 10 million 3 5.00%

Between 10 million and 11 million 5 8.33%

Between 11 million and 12 million 9 15.00%

Between 12 million and 13 million 12 20.00%

Between 13 million and 14 million 15 25.00%

Between 14 million and 15 million 9 15.00%

Between 15 million and 16 million 3 5.00%

Between 16 million and 17 million 2 3.33%

Between 17 million and 18 million 0 0%

Between 18 million and 19 million 2 3.33%

Total:60

I thought it would be fun to see where everyone's predictions are for what Nintendo will report for Nintendo Switch's sales thru December 31st?

Through September 30th was 7.63 million.

Source - https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/index.html

I am feeling brazen after all the recent buzz, and I predict 15.1m

EDIT:

Ok, Since there has been some confusion in this thread:

Megiddo said:
Okay so there needs to be a clarification. Is this sold or shipped? The title says sold but people are saying shipped. Those are two very different numbers.

To be clear, these are units sold to retailers (AKA shipped number), which Nintendo reports as sold at each quarterly meeting.

In this thread, we are predicting what Nintendo will report at the next meeting for sales (Nintendo Switches Shipped) through December 31st.

EDIT 2:

Clarity on when we will get these results from Nintendo:

animegaming said:
Wait is it confirmed we're getting numbers tomorrow?

FYI, Nintendo will release the Dec 31st numbers on January 31st.

Last edited by trent44 - on 30 December 2017

Around the Network

So do you expect them to exceed their fiscal year goals?

They are projecting 14m shipped in addition to the 2.74 last FY for a total of 16.74m.

Its safe to assume Jan-March shipements will be somewhere in the 2-3 million range like the first 2 quarters were.

That would put Switch somewhere around ~14 million at the end of December assuming they dont exceed their current projection.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Nevermind

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 27 November 2017

Well they were probably about 8 million before BF week, so I think they can clear another 3-4 million for the last 5 1/2 weeks of the year. If they finally catch up to demand in Japan, maybe 5-6 million before the 31st. So between 11-14 million...

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Between 11 and 12 million, their prediction is 14 million by march and they'll ship around 2-3 mil by then in jan - march

Don't forget you have to add the 2.7 Million from March, they're not part of those 14 Million. With your prediction, they would only ship about 4M units in this holiday season and would need to ship an additional 5M until end of March for the 14M in this financial year yo be correct

That being said, I think it's going to be over 15M, 15.6 to be exact.

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
Well they were probably about 8 million before BF week, so I think they can clear another 3-4 million for the last 5 1/2 weeks of the year. If they finally catch up to demand in Japan, maybe 5-6 million before the 31st. So between 11-14 million...

We're at 7 sold through or 7.6 shipped at the end of September. No matter how you turn it, it will be substantially higher than 8M before hitting Black Friday week. VGC has it at 7.6 one month before BF and selling close to 200k a week - and that's still before SMO release.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Between 11 and 12 million, their prediction is 14 million by march and they'll ship around 2-3 mil by then in jan - march

Don't forget you have to add the 2.7 Million from March, they're not part of those 14 Million. With your prediction, they would only ship about 4M units in this holiday season and would need to ship an additional 5M until end of March for the 14M in this financial year yo be correct

That being said, I think it's going to be over 15M, 15.6 to be exact.

Oh yeah, forget. 

About 13 million.

12 million as a conservative estimate. 14.8 seems reasonable

Somewhere between 10 and 11 million.