By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday: 1 Tb BF PlayStation 4 sells out before Friday at every retailer?!

Why did the ps4 sell out before Black Friday?

Underestimated demand, me... 15 24.59%

Wild card, 199 price caus... 46 75.41%

Total:61

Selling fast is of no significance if Sony can't restock fast enough to take advantage of the surge in sales. It does however send a warning to MS and Nintendo. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Well that is a lie and the thread should be closed. I still have ps4 systems and it is 11:58 pm here. These and switch systems were my best selling though. Only a few left of each. Lots of Xbox one X systems left though.

Makes sense. I was hard to believe Sony would underestimate so badly the demand. Do you know when Sony and Nintendo will ship more units?

Ajax said:
What country are you talking about?

And link please to where its stated that PS4 is sold out in that country

The Faroe islands

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

I don't think it will sell more than 125 mil because gaming is so different nowadays and the Ps2 was a pretty damn capable DVD player for the price

Eh... I seriously doubt it is sold out everywhere in the US. I worked at Bestbuy for I think 4 Black Fridays. The last one I worked was the year that the PS4 had just come out. And even then, we had enough stock to last throughout Thursday and most of Friday.

We also had a certain allotment for Thursday night, a certain allotment for online orders, and an allotment for Friday.

Just because they're not selling it online at the moment does not mean they're completely sold out.

Around the Network

I was in Best Buy and Target between 9pm and midnight. Both had tons of units available. There were several hundred on the floor at Best Buy. They are not even close to selling out.

Matsku said:

I don't think it will sell more than 125 mil because gaming is so different nowadays and the Ps2 was a pretty damn capable DVD player for the price

They said they where estimateing about 18m sales this year, takeing it to 78m units.

It looks like they should beat that expectation, and probably be at 80m.

Then lets say 2018 is another 20m ish year..... by the time its early-mid 2019, PS4 should be over 100m.

If PS5 doesnt launch until late 2020, then theres a really good chance PS4 goes over 125m.

PS4 wont just stop selling once the PS5 is out.

JRPGfan said:
Matsku said:

They said they where estimateing about 18m sales this year, takeing it to 78m units.

Then lets say 2018 is another 20m ish year..... by the time its early-mid 2019, PS4 should be over 100m.

If PS5 doesnt launch until late 2020, then theres a really good chance PS4 goes over 125m.

They raised their forcast to 19 million.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
JRPGfan said:

They raised their forcast to 19 million.

Id forgotten I guess..... this just makes it even more likely it ll be 80m+ by april.

Sold out!?

That would mean that you cant buy any PS4 at any retailer, while you have hole day PS4 1TB for $300 on Amazon or PS4 1TB CoDWWII bundle for same price, but Sony most likely sold amount of consoles that planed at price point of $199 for 1TB model, so we again have prices before Black Friday deals.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ps4+

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 24 November 2017