By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon USUM are the worst reviewed Pokémon titles on amazon.jp

With recent news of Pokémon USUM selling 1.2 million in just 3 days in Japan, it seems like it's gearing up to do as well as a third version and maybe even slightly better.

However reviews on amazon Japan have it at 2.5/5 the worst ever for a Pokemon game and the first time star ratings are higher than others for the series.

So will this cut the legs of the game or it's just the initial trolls bombarding the reviews?

https://nintendosoup.com/ultra-sun-ultra-moon-worst-reviewed-pokemon-games-japan/

Amazon.jp link:-

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B075S869SW/ref=pd_aw_sbs_63_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=P6WFVR6MX26XZTT6V1K1&dpPl=1&dpID=61pCOUGQM5L

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 24 November 2017

Around the Network
AnmolRed said:

With recent news of Pokemon USUM selling 1.2 million in just 3 days in Japan, 

Nice for reaching 1mil. But I guess that is quite low for Pokemon Standards? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Eh, even Mario Odyssey had 1 and 2 star overall ratings when it launched. Let it level out. However, I wouldn't be surprised as the 3rd pillar formula (as I have stated numerous times in the past) has no reason to exist unless you are willing to radically change what I just played a year ago. Back then, this formula worked and today it still works going by sales, but as a gamer I scoff at a game like the Ultra games. It's just not worth my time and money to go through a remixed story. It should have been DLC at this point.

Well they're rated badly on amazon US too

https://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-Ultra-Sun-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B071WNTGFY/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1511341074&sr=1-1&keywords=pokemon+ultra+sun+and+moon

Jranation said:
AnmolRed said:

With recent news of Pokemon USUM selling 1.2 million in just 3 days in Japan, 

Nice for reaching 1mil. But I guess that is quite low for Pokemon Standards? 

The prediction was sell less than 950 k, so the game did better than expected. This game is a third version (always sell less) and is the 4th Pokemon for 3ds, I think that 1,2m for first week is good, the only third version that sold better was B2/W2

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
Eh, even Mario Odyssey had 1 and 2 star overall ratings when it launched. Let it level out. However, I wouldn't be surprised as the 3rd pillar formula (as I have stated numerous times in the past) has no reason to exist unless you are willing to radically change what I just played a year ago. Back then, this formula worked and today it still works going by sales, but as a gamer I scoff at a game like the Ultra games. It's just not worth my time and money to go through a remixed story. It should have been DLC at this point.

The whole point is starting again and tweaking your playthrough to did things you missed the first time around. Traditional DLC doesn't work in pokemon, unless you start ober and therefore lose your save file.

Ka-pi96 said:
Ljink96 said:

There's the other way of looking at it though. Rather than thinking of it as re-playing what you did a year ago, you could think of it as playing an upgraded and improved version of what you passed on a year ago. As long as you're not attached to playing the games the day they come out you can just wait it out until the improved version releases.

I dunno, it's just not for me. Retreading is not something I'm fond of in games. Which is why annual franchises are not my cup of tea. And it's barely upgraded if you can call it it, maybe slightly. Same maps with some new beaches and a new scenario...I don't think it's worth 40$. A slightly new experience vs. a brand new generation and they're the same price? That's gotta change. I don't know any other series that does that. Not even COD. 

I picked it up aswell, feels almost identical to standard edition. But I already knew that, maybe people wanted more.

Ka-pi96 said:
Ljink96 said:

I dunno, it's just not for me. Retreading is not something I'm fond of in games. Which is why annual franchises are not my cup of tea. And it's barely upgraded if you can call it it, maybe slightly. Same maps with some new beaches and a new scenario...I don't think it's worth 40$. A slightly new experience vs. a brand new generation and they're the same price? That's gotta change. I don't know any other series that does that. Not even COD. 

My suggestion was to skip the first releases and get the new improved version instead. No retreading needed that way. That's what I did for gen 3/4. Haven't played the originals so can't say for sure but from what I can tell Emerald and Platinum were improvements over them.

But you must have some kind of will power then to skip the new gen. Gotta applaud you for that. I can't do that on a new gen. 

Doesn't mean anything since Gamefreak probably spent $20 to make it and are getting millions in return