By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Square Enix on Switch: ‘We want to proactively create new IP and reboot past titles'

Is it fair to assume the most wanted remakes/reboots are:

1. Super Mario RPG
2. Xenogears
3. Old KH/FF entries

Around the Network

just give us new good games!

Switch!!!

Miyamotoo said:
JEMC said:

In that case, I hope they work a little bit on them because straight ports will look bad on Switch, and they won't sell all that well.

We already seeing how ports/remasters from last gen are improved for Switch, going from Skyrim, LA Noire, Minecraft, RE Revelations...all have better resolution and better or higher frame rate, or better visuals.

Yeah, well. Let's hope S-E takes a page from Bethesda's book about Switch support, and not from EA (talking about half asset ports/games).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Super Mario RPG is all im asking for. Remake or remaster, your choice, but preferably remake.

JEMC said:
Miyamotoo said:

We already seeing how ports/remasters from last gen are improved for Switch, going from Skyrim, LA Noire, Minecraft, RE Revelations...all have better resolution and better or higher frame rate, or better visuals.

Yeah, well. Let's hope S-E takes a page from Bethesda's book about Switch support, and not from EA (talking about half asset ports/games).

SQ is not EA and SQ is already giving Switch solid support:

Released: Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2, Dragon Quest X, I am Setsuna, Lost Sphear, Spelunker Party-
Announced: Dragon Quest XI, Dragon Quest Builders, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Octopath Traveller.

And for record Fifa 18 for Switch is quite good port, 1080p and better graphics compared to PS3/Xbox360 versions of game. So offcourse that SQ will also improve last gen versions of games if they are porting them for Switch.

Around the Network

CHRONO TRIGGER! Also a Remake of Final Fantasy IX and VI in UE4.

Miyamotoo said:
JEMC said:

Released: Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2, Dragon Quest X, I am Setsuna, Lost Sphear, Spelunker Party-
Announced: Dragon Quest XI, Dragon Quest Builders, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Octopath Traveller.

And for record Fifa 18 for Switch is quite good port, 1080p and better graphics compared to PS3/Xbox360 versions of game. So offcourse that SQ will also improve last gen versions of games if they are porting them for Switch.

S-E is not EA... for now. Never take anything for granted.

And Fifa 18 might be a good port, from PS360. Compared to the PS4/X1 versions, it's lacking.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I just want Bravely Third right now.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

The Mana collection is Japanese only.
Doesn’t make sense to use it as an argument on this forum for saying it’s already on the switch.
If Zelda was only in Japanese nobody would say that.

''Hadouken!''

JEMC said:
Miyamotoo said:

S-E is not EA... for now. Never take anything for granted.

And Fifa 18 might be a good port, from PS360. Compared to the PS4/X1 versions, it's lacking.

No one is like EA, especially SE that knows that Switch will be huge in Japan in any case, so support of SE can be only stronger compared to now (where was OK). Also SE until now already couple of times said in this month that they will "aggressively" support Switch.

Switch Fifa 18 is somewhere betwine PS360 and PS4/X1 versions, of course that can't be exactly same like PS4/XB1 version of game, but Fifa 18 is good port and good effort from EA in any case.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 22 November 2017