By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Are You Getting For Black Friday?

I'm basically done already. I grabbed Wipeout Omega for $19.99 from Gamefly. I grabbed South Park from Target for $29.99. From Best Buy, i got Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein 2, and Nier Automata, for $24.99 each. Previously grabbed a year of PS+ for $40 from Amazon, as well as Knack 2 for $20.

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Smartie900 said:

Which phone are you getting?

You are unlikely to have heard of it!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CUBOT-Unlocked-Android-Smartphones-Display/dp/B073XGVN75/ref=gbps_tit_m-7_f46c_6d6c44fd?smid=A2E006CURGAMFD&pf_rd_p=47143fb6-3752-4f01-a131-d74964a5f46c&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=161428031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=80HW7KHDYJDWNS3DW577

Chinese manufactured and branded Android phone, 6" 720p screen was the main thing which interested me at that price point (I actually got it for about 15 less than the listed during a lightning sale) But yeah those non brand Androids I've had pretty good luck with them so willing to try this out for the price I paid, can't go too wrong.

a 6 inch HD display for $120? These are some really good specs for the price. I also have a Chinese manufactured phone.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZTE-P996A0-126661101003-Axon-7-Smartphone/dp/B01I092IPC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1511463152&sr=1-1&keywords=zte+axon+7

I'm pretty happy with the quality of these phones considering they're much cheaper than any flagship phone.

BasilZero said:

Waiting out did pay off.

Bought Mighty No 9 and its DLC for cheaper on Amazon than what it was on all other sites.

Also Alpha Protocol.

Steam/PC
-Alpha Protocol ($3 from Amazon)
-Doom Classic Complete ($3.19 from GreenManGaming)
-Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition ($8.50 from GreenManGaming)
-LEGO Batman ($4.99 from Amazon)
-LEGO Batman 2 DC Super Heroes ($4.99 from Amazon)
-Mega Man Legacy Collection ($5.10 from GreenManGaming)
-Mighty No. 9 ($4 from Amazon)
-Mighty No. 9 A Retro Hero ($1.20 from Amazon)
-Mighty No. 9 Ray Expansion ($1.70 from Amazon)
-Painkiller Hell & Damnation Collector's Edition ($7.49 from Amazon)
-Phantom Brave PC Digital Chroma Edition ($8.53 from Amazon)
-Prince of Persia The Two Thrones ($4.99 from Steam Store)
-Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 ($10.62 from GreenManGaming)
-Umihara Kiwase Trilogy ($8.99 from Amazon)

Steam Total: $77.29

3DS
-Pokemon Ultra Sun ($30 from Best Buy)

3DS Total: $30

Total: $107.29

I think I'm done for black friday as far as PC games are considered.

Are you considering buying any console games?

Probably just Rise of the Tomb Raider and Hitman Season 1 for PS4

A couple of games maybe.

Edit: I'll probably wait closer to Christmas to pick up anything big (I just started a new job so eh)

Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:
Errorist76 said:

Really?! Where do you live?! It’s actually becoming a thing in continental Europe as well in many countries.

Belgium and nope it's not a thing over here, at least not yet. The only Black Friday related thing I've seen so far over here is a Black Friday ad for the French Amazon (cause we don't even have our own Amazon) and when I check video games I don't see anything that would drive me mad about good deals like you see in the US.

I am Belgian and it's basically everywhere where I live:

https://www.gamemania.be/info/blackfriday2017
http://www.mediamarkt.nl/nl/shop/blackfriday.html

A few of the shops who has it aswell:  https://www.blackfridayexpert.be/black-friday-winkels/

Basically I can't walk in Antwerp without seeing a shop that mentions black friday.

Anyway:

Black Friday popular in Belgium

Thursday, 23 November 2017 07:48
© Belga
Black Friday, sales after Thanksgiving Day in the US, has also arrived in Europe.
Last year MasterCard noticed an increase by 46 % in the number of transactions in Belgium compared to the previous year. Tomorrow Black Friday will take place again. According to MasterCard's analysis, consumers spent 23% more on last year’s Black Friday than on a regular Friday.

"The month of November has long been seen as a slack period for business, since it precedes Christmas shopping," said Alexandra Balikdjian, consumer psychologist at the ULB. “Black Friday represents an opportunity for consumers and for merchants to buy and sell.”

Still it is far from surpassing Christmas which generates 26% more transactions.

It is especially online business that benefits from this day of sales. "In Belgium, online shopping volumes increased by 107% on Black Friday in 2016 compared to 2015.

For Henri Dewaerheijd, country manager Belux MasterCard, "buying online has revolutionized the way consumers buy". 

"It allows on the one hand meeting spontaneous desires in terms of purchases and on the other hand to offer a wide choice of products at bargain prices. For traders, the online actions of Black Friday offer the possibility to reduce the workload in the store and help to better analyze the purchasing behavior of their consumers."

Smartie900 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

You are unlikely to have heard of it!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CUBOT-Unlocked-Android-Smartphones-Display/dp/B073XGVN75/ref=gbps_tit_m-7_f46c_6d6c44fd?smid=A2E006CURGAMFD&pf_rd_p=47143fb6-3752-4f01-a131-d74964a5f46c&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=161428031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=80HW7KHDYJDWNS3DW577

Chinese manufactured and branded Android phone, 6" 720p screen was the main thing which interested me at that price point (I actually got it for about 15 less than the listed during a lightning sale) But yeah those non brand Androids I've had pretty good luck with them so willing to try this out for the price I paid, can't go too wrong.

a 6 inch HD display for $120? These are some really good specs for the price. I also have a Chinese manufactured phone.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZTE-P996A0-126661101003-Axon-7-Smartphone/dp/B01I092IPC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1511463152&sr=1-1&keywords=zte+axon+7

I'm pretty happy with the quality of these phones considering they're much cheaper than any flagship phone.

at the point I ordered it I paid that, translates to around $105 including postage.

and yeah... basically that would have gotten me the absolute most basic model of Samsung or Sony phone so I figured why not lose the brand name and get more bang for my buck, like I said I've had good luck with the "brand" called the Doogee they are really nice phones.

wow @ your phone though, quad core 2.15ghz in a phone, should see how it bench marks against my PC :D sick display on that thing too, my hands would be shaking holding it in fear of dropping it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Hm, not sure if I should be glad that materialistic shopping day like Black Friday spreading beyond the US is a good thing or not.

Most likely nothing. Maybe Horizon ZD if I find a good deal

NobleTeam360 said:
Hm, not sure if I should be glad that materialistic shopping day like Black Friday spreading beyond the US is a good thing or not.

I was thinking the same thing lol