It's ok 7 11.48%

Good 8 13.11%

Great 3 4.92%

Loved it 9 14.75%

See results 15 24.59%

Total:61
spurgeonryan said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

The only Superhero movies I've been interested in since The Dark Knight Returns as a non-super hero fan have been Logan and Thor Ragnarok(because wow, that trailer was fantastic).

I just can't stand how bland the Marvel movies seem, and I don't want to go to DC movies because they always get bad marks. Logan was amazing though. I still need to watch Ragnarok and Winter Soldier

Hopefully the market revitalizes with creativity, and we can get actual innovative films, like The God Father 4, Pulp Fiction 2, Priscilla Queen of the Next Desert, and Trainspotting 3.

The problem is Godfather 2 and 3 were not that great,  most never heard of Priscilla and the last Trainspotting barely broke even. Pulp Fiction was good though. 

Godfather 2 is considered almost as good if not as good or better than the original - don't know where you got tha idea.  Besides, I was joking. Priscilla is a perfect standalone story, so is trainspotting which is why I never saw the sequel. Pulp Fiction was not that good though. 

That part of the comment was sarcasm, I actually don't mind much how film releases are done now. Sure it sucks that there's a lot of repetition, but I've kind of just moved on from movies and realized most of them are not for me. At least people are having fun when they go out to the theaters, these films do a great job of making theaters an "event".

Around the Network

The only Superhero movies I've been interested in since The Dark Knight Returns as a non-super hero fan have been Logan and Thor Ragnarok(because wow, that trailer was fantastic).

I just can't stand how bland the Marvel movies seem, and I don't want to go to DC movies because they always get bad marks. Logan was amazing though. I still need to watch Ragnarok and Winter Soldier

Hopefully the market revitalizes with creativity, and we can get actual innovative films, like The God Father 4, Pulp Fiction 2, Priscilla Queen of the Next Desert, and Trainspotting 3.

Why do any of those movies need sequels? Movies like Pulp Fiction work because they have a definitive and planned story line that doesn't leave much room for a sequel. I don't wanna see a prequel that explores the life of Vincent Vega. 

PS. just figured out you were joking. Never mind.

Smartie900 said:

Why do any of those movies need sequels? Movies like Pulp Fiction work because they have a definitive and planned story line that doesn't leave much room for a sequel. I don't wanna see a prequel that explores the life of Vincent Vega. 

You could read the comments on top of yours

Smartie900 said:

You could read the comments on top of yours

I edited my comment like 1 minute beforehand. I didn't catch your previous comment.

mZuzek said:

Thanks for explaining the point of that comment, Mzuzek. 

You're welcome.

Seriously though, I hate this notion that something can't be innovative just from its conception alone - as in, if something's a sequel or prequel or whatever, it can't possibly have anything new to offer and is just same old. I also hate the notion that innovation is more important than quality (or that innovation determines quality), but that's something for another day I guess.

I agree with you. In general though "notions" are just oversimplified basic concepts that people use to explain a consistency between their opinions and products. So, I can't blame people for having those notions, they just don't hold up a lot of the time so they could be considered false.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Wolverine_the_5th said:
I likes it. Didn't like the flash, he was too weird. Also, the cgi on supes face to make him not have a beard was horrible. Sucks about the sales, there'll definitely be some changes. Hopefully Snyder is off the whole universe for good. And Jesse Eisenberg. Horrible Lex luthor

Wouldn't have known about the beard until I watched a YouTube video on it. During the movie I just chalked it off as him just coming back to life. 

Yea, my brother told me about it before the movie. He told me to look out for the cgi on his face but I didn't think it was that bad lol. The very first scene is the worst and it added nothing to do the movie..

To be expected. This may be an unpopular opinion but neither Snyder or Whedon are good film makers. Both of the above facts are clearly seen in JL. A complete mess from start to finish, albiet some decent action here and there.

Then you have Jason Momoa and Ben Affleck who are poor actors. And the guys playing cyborg / flash were forgettable.

Movies need to start taking it easy budget wise. A lot of movies have lost millions of dollars. Some movies have lost in excess of 50 million. It’s not good to lose money. Use cheaper actors and cheaper crews and make money again.

Batman V Superman was when they fucked it up, that movie should've never happen so soon.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 19 November 2017

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Lucas-Rio said:
Good to see for once. I can't stand these movies.

How many of these super heroe blockbuster movies are going to flood the theaters before people have enough of them? It feels like 80% of the big budget movies are stupid super heroes movies who are almost all equally poor and are among the lowest levels movies can reach.

A real, good movie is the Godfather, not Hulk vs Spiderman.