By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apparently, Nioh sucks on PC because no mouse and keyboard support?

Zkuq said:
It ought to work. I've played the demo of Dynasty Warriors 6 using keyboard and maybe mouse, and it was OK. It wasn't great, but it worked. Not supporting keyboard and mouse on PC is just lazy, which seems to be KT's general attitude on PC: As far as I know, most of their ports are very lazy.

Also, how would you feel like if a game didn't support a controller on consoles? If it required an external peripheral to play, and that peripheral didn't even come with the game? It's not exactly the same, but it should give some idea about what's wrong here.

That makes a little more sense. K&M is the default controller on PC, so if you don't have a controller you're out of luck to play Nioh. But who doesn't have an old 360 controller kicking around? There's been countless arguments over the cost of a PC, where a console gamer mentions the need to buy a controller as part of the cost of PC gaming. The PC gamers rightly respond with "Who doesn't own a USB compatible controller in this day and age?" 

Around the Network

Well, even if the best controller option is a regular controller, it should have mouse and keyboard support, since those are the default controller option for a PC.I know people wont see eye to eye with me on this one, but its like just supporting keyboard and mouse for a home console.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I wouldn't play it with M+K on PC but it definitely should support it. It's on PC after all where M+K is seen as the standard and controllers are only an option.

KB/M is default control on PCs...that's your answer. Whether it's better with controller is another thing.
Excluding default control scheme from PC release is beyond lazy.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Zkuq said:
It ought to work. I've played the demo of Dynasty Warriors 6 using keyboard and maybe mouse, and it was OK. It wasn't great, but it worked. Not supporting keyboard and mouse on PC is just lazy, which seems to be KT's general attitude on PC: As far as I know, most of their ports are very lazy.

Also, how would you feel like if a game didn't support a controller on consoles? If it required an external peripheral to play, and that peripheral didn't even come with the game? It's not exactly the same, but it should give some idea about what's wrong here.

That makes a little more sense. K&M is the default controller on PC, so if you don't have a controller you're out of luck to play Nioh. But who doesn't have an old 360 controller kicking around? There's been countless arguments over the cost of a PC, where a console gamer mentions the need to buy a controller as part of the cost of PC gaming. The PC gamers rightly respond with "Who doesn't own a USB compatible controller in this day and age?" 

Uh, people without an Xbox? Like me? I have PlayStation controllers, but traditionally they've been somewhat icky to use on PC and as far as I know, the situation has improved only relatively recently. I only got a dedicated PC controller a few years ago. Not sure what to say about your last point though. I know I haven't made it, and I doubt I would. In discussions about console gamers getting into PC gaming, it's a valid point, but in general, maybe not so much. I suppose people gaming exlucisively on PC are a relatively small group though.

Around the Network

As a huge supporter of PC gaming and the mouse/keyboard control scheme, this is one of those situations where a controller is just better. Soulsborne games and Nioh just benefit so much from that controller layout.

Still though, PC gaming is about options. And it's always sad to see a developer restrict how you play, especially given that it's the default control scheme on PC gaming.

K-M is well adapted to some types of games.

But for third person action games like Nioh and the Sould games? Please.

There are many things people may have good reasons to complain about, when it comes to ports from console games. But the lack of that control scheme for such games? Nope.

While I agree that hack and slash games are much better with a controller... I do think every game that comes to PC should have keyboard and mouse support. Cause a game not having KB/M on PC is like a game not having Controller support on Consoles.

Does Nioh suck cause it doesn't have KB/M support? Fuck no but it still should have it imo.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Bandorr said:
Can't say it sucks. The PS4 clearly didn't have Keyboard/mouse support. Didn't mean it sucks there.
The lack of those things can't make the game WORSE. It simply at most prevents it from being better.

I haven't played the game, but I have no clue how you'd play it with keyboard/mouse.

Can you play Dark souls with keyboard/mouse?

the answer is yes, of course you can play DS with Kb/mouse

Why would you try to play a hack and slash title with a mouse and key board. Buy a controller for those games.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar