Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Skyrim Switch Version

Tagged games:

So many games..

Stardew Valley
Mario
Doom
Rocket league
Skyrim

I had Skyrim at launch for the 360 and played the hell out of it.. Yet I am just as obsessed with the switch version as I was with the 360 one.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

Around the Network

This game for the switch is really enticing (played the vanilla version on PC but haven't finished it yet), but I'll just have to hold off for a while as XC2 is gonna release next week.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

I think releasing just 2 weeks away from Xenoblade 2 was a mistake; with two open world fantasy RPGs to choose from so close together, I think some people will skip one in favour of the other.

Personally Skyrim doesn't interest me, I played a bit of it on 360 back in the day and didn't like it. That said, the Switch version seems a competent port for those who are interested.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 18 November 2017

curl-6 said:

I think releasing just 2 weeks away from Xenoblade 2 was a mistake; with two open world fantasy RPGs to choose from so close together, I think a some people will skip one in favour of the other.

Personally Skyrim doesn't interest me, I played a bit of it on 360 back in the day and didn't like it. That said, the Switch version seems a competent port for those who are interested.

I think they are different enough from each other to not cause issue.  Also, the high spending nature of the season will mitigate the issue.

I have purchased Skyrim and will most likely purchase Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I’m also willing to bet money that both will be sitting on my shelf virtually untouched in 6 months time 😂😂😂

Around the Network

To be fair, Skyrim and Xenoblade are two different style games. Those who like one may not be into the other. While I know many who are excited for Xenoblade 2, myself included, I am sure there are still people who would pass simply because of the anime art style. Skyrim could fill that void for them.

Heck there are people who have played the first ten hours of BotW, recognize that the game is gold, but still quit because they do not like the stylized visuals and it takes from the experience for them.

So in the the grand scheme of things, I think the release date will not make that much of a difference. It is still a big 3rd party game released in the first year of the Switch's existence, so there will be plenty of people just trying to flesh out their library as well.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Its number two on UK E shop, behind Rocket League. Its even beating Super Mario Odyssey which suprised me. Dooms number 5 too..... not bad really

What dilemma eh? Too many good games on a Nintendo System.

I'll be putting off Xenoblade 2 since i went in on DOOM & Skyrim.
The first months of 2018 will be a good time for me enter Elysium, since I aint too juiced bout Kirby or Yoshi which are probably the main Q1 2018 Nintendo Releases.

Think Bethesda could find themselves in a Gold Mine that can potentially lead to a Diamond Mine, both Doom and Skyrim are competent conversions of recent releases that are garnering attention. Wolfenstein continuing the trend would boost them establishing themselves among the Switch user base and give them solid footing on future Nintendo platforms.

will get it..I wouldve gotten already but first I need to get a decent micro sd card so I can purchase this and xenoblade 2