By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's 2018 lineup could be bonkers!

How excited are you for Nintendo's 2018?

MAXIMUM OVERHYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 11 14.29%

Super hyped! 11 14.29%

Cautiously Optimistic 30 38.96%

Meh 15 19.48%

Reserved pessimism 5 6.49%

I am Super Worried for Switch's 2018 2 2.60%

NINTENDOOMED! DOOMED I SAYYYYYYYY!!!!! 3 3.90%

Total:77
KBG29 said:
I just hope that Retro's project is a true successor to Donkey Kong 64, as Odyssey was to Mario 64. I waited 20 years to buy a Nintendo console, just waiting for these sequals, so far I am extreamly pleased with SMO, making it two for two on Switch would easily make it one of my favorite systems of all time. For me, anything beyond SMO and a DK64 Successor is pure icing.

If they introduce a reward system and virtual console next year to go with the paid network service, I will also be extreamly pleased. Mario 64 and DK64 with trophies would be just as big for me, as anything else they could do.

Personally I have no interest in Switch 3rd party Multi-Plat titles. Remote Play with Vita gives me a better quality version on the go. I hope for more stuff like Mario x Rabbids, unique Switch only experiences..

I get the feeling whatever Retros´s been working on has nothing to do with Donkey Kong.They´ve made two DKC games and have been silent for almost 4 years now, don´t think it´s yet another DK game....maybe they´ve been working on something more "Western"?

Whatever it is, I´d say it´s a given we´ll finally hear about it next year.

Around the Network

OP I don´t know about you, but I really want a new Luigi´s Mansion.With the power of the Switch the game would look amazing.

Cautiously optimistic was my choice because we don't know if metroid and pokemon will be ready or any decent 3rd party ports apart from wolfenstein colussus and weve heard nothing from retro since DK tropical freeze so we don't know enough to make a concrete prediction.

JamesGarret said:
OP I don´t know about you, but I really want a new Luigi´s Mansion.With the power of the Switch the game would look amazing.

Considering that it sold over 5 million on 3DS, it would be crazy for them not to make one for switch.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Bandorr said:

More than half of that list is just ports.  Hard to have hype for porting a game I already have to another system I already have.
Along with random guesses at things we have heard nothing about.

It is way, way, way too early to be hyped for that stuff

• Here's a list without speculation and ports.  

• Yoshi
  • Kirby
  • Fire Emblem
  • Octopath Traveler
  •  Super Meat Boy Forever
  •  Shovel Knight King of Cards
zorg1000 said: 
JamesGarret said: 

Considering that it sold over 5 million on 3DS, it would be crazy for them not to make one for switch.

I'd love that too. Enough time has passed since Dark Moon. Maybe Next Level Games can make up for that terrible Metroid Prime spinoff? 

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
JamesGarret said:

Didn´t know it sold that much...all the more reason to make a new one.

Yeah, Bandorr you beat me to the edit by a second. I'd rather have it on Switch though, because portability is a big selling point, it wouldn't take up that much battery life to run, and Vita was dead circa 2013. 

JamesGarret said:
zorg1000 said:

Didn´t know it sold that much...all the more reason to make a new one.

Yep it was a huge hit and the 10th best selling 3DS game.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I agree, 2017 has been an incredible year for the Switch and I bet 2018 will be nearly as good (kind of hard to beat a year that BotW and SMO come out...) I am really looking forward to what surprises Nintendo has in store.

PerturbedKitty said:
I agree, 2017 has been an incredible year for the Switch and I bet 2018 will be nearly as good (kind of hard to beat a year that BotW and SMO come out...) I am really looking forward to what surprises Nintendo has in store.

WTF? You survive everything.

Last edited by VGPolyglot - on 18 November 2017