By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Impossible Task: 5 Languages

Si quieres hablar en español, estoy dispuesto! Soy hablante nativo, así que supongo que puedo ser de utilidad .

Bueno, en realidad mi idioma nativo es el gallego, por si estás más interesado XD.

Last edited by Volterra_90 - on 19 November 2017

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:

Si quieres hablar en español, estoy dispuesto! Soy hablante nativo, así que supongo que puedo ser de utilidad .

Bueno, en realidad mi idioma nativo es el gallego, por si estás más interesado XD.

Muy bien! ¿Tienes una cuenta de Discord?

I've read somewhere that the human brain can handle fluency in about ten languages. So you have a lot of space to work with :)

I speak english, swedish and french and I'm working on learning korean so far :)

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
I've read somewhere that the human brain can handle fluency in about ten languages. So you have a lot of space to work with :)

I speak english, swedish and french and I'm working on learning korean so far :)

Ah, so that explains Kim Jong-Un

VGPolyglot said:
KungKras said:

Yes. Me and some friends had american presidents as a theme on both steam and discord when we were playing dota 2 five man, and when we won we used to spam the chat with "USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA".

But when I started learning korean I switched to Kim Il Sung to go against the stream xD

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
KungKras said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yes. Me and some friends had american presidents as a theme when we were playing dota 2 five man, and when we won we used to spam the chat with "USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA".

But when I started learning korean I switched to Kim Il Sung to go against the stream xD

Fuck, I can't believe I said Kim Jong-Un instead of Kim Il-Sung

VGPolyglot said:
KungKras said:

Yes. Me and some friends had american presidents as a theme when we were playing dota 2 five man, and when we won we used to spam the chat with "USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA".

Well, they are both fat, and horrible dictators, so you weren't far off :)

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well, they are both fat, and horrible dictators, so you weren't far off :)

Well, considering that I've read books on North Korea and have seen documentaries, I should have known better.

Ergh... my brain gets tangled enough beeing fluent on 2, learning a 3rd and having understanding of spanish and french a good deal. I guess i picked up on some japanese watching anime aswell.

No more! Have mercy. xD

It's definitely possible, though it's also easier depending on where you live..

I'm fluent in French, German, English and Luxembourgish, and I'm learning Filipino (Tagalog) since I will emigrate there soon. I also plan to take on Japanese at a later date. Additionally, I speak some dutch, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian, but nowhere near enough to be fluent in those languages.

Children from immigrant families generally have the possibility to become fluent in 5 languages here in Luxembourg since the four I'm fluent in are all taught there since our equivalent of grade school (except English, which comes a bit later on). Those who follow a classical education here additionally have the choices of Spanish, Latin and/or Greek, which means they will be fluent in at least 5 languages before going to an university (classical education doesn't prepare you for any job, which is why I choose the technical education route instead).