By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 35th Golden Joystick Awards 2017 - Zelda: BotW receives Ultimate Game of the Year Award

Do you agree to the winners of these awards?

Yes 27 58.70%

No 6 13.04%

I have my own list (but still agree) 12 26.09%

I have my own list (and don't agree) 1 2.17%

Total:46
Sunstrider said:
Nautilus said:
I assume Mario wasnt qualified because it launched too late?(As in, It didnt meet the deadline)

I'm not sure but Aonuma jokingly said that he was relieved that SMO was out only for a week when voting ended.

Aonuma's only real rival is Koizumi now. It's great to see that your coworkers are the only ones in the world you have to compete with.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

Also, "lol BotW only has minimalistic tracks and no melodic or progressive songs at all"

Seriously, this stupid notion needs to die. Breath of the Wild has plenty of music and most of it is quite good.

Nah, is my favorite meme of this year, is a good laugh if you don't get involved in the conversation at least

And congrats to BotW, if it isn't Mario Odyssey, this is the best next choice.

Congrats to Nintendo and the BotW dev team! They deserve it!

I was almost a little salty over Odyssey not getting mentioned but then I realized voting ended shortly after it came out. 

Friday the 13th got Indie GotY? How? Nobody talked about it all year. Opencritic says it stinks too.

Where is Nier: Automata for best soundtrack? If not that then Persona 5 for best soundtrack.

The best XB1 game was an Indie that you can get on PC? Might as well have given the award to any old multiplatform title IMO.

PUBG over Divinity Original Sin II? I haven't played either, but PUBG is just a simple multiplayer shooter. DOS2 took way more time to develop, and is infinitely more complicated.

It will be very interesting to see how many awards Zelda BotW will win.

Well deserved for Zelda. It just nudges Mario Odyssey for GOTY in my book.

Around the Network

This thread has made me decide to buy myself Persona 5 for Christmas.

100% deserved, except for the Burch ones.

What's this about BotW not having great music? The Rito Village piece (Dragon Roost redux) alone is one of my favorite tracks in gaming. The music is top notch in all respects

RJ_Sizzle said:

What's this about BotW not having great music? The Rito Village piece (Dragon Roost redux) alone is one of my favorite tracks in gaming. The music is top notch in all respects

The only music Zelda doesn't have is Overworld music, which is admittedly a large part of the game but saying it doesn't have any music or great music is kinda of misjudged. Hyrule Castle and fighting Vah Ruta were some of the best soundtracks of this generation. So hype.

In January I saw people in tears because the Zelda Trailer + music was so good. It even moved me. Should have won best trailer of the year :p.