By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Check out the new Firefox Quantum

Don't have any problems (probably because I only use 2 extensions at most and I drop extensions that aren't updated frequently). It's definetly faster then before.

I never jumped on the Chrome bandwagon however. I don't trust Google for one bit (recently dropped my GMail as well).

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

It's also good on the CPU and memory

The memory thing is the most important. My old laptop used to be fine when using an older version of firefox (like 53 I think) then I accidentily updated to 55, that was a mistake. The thing just soaked up the RAM like never before.

My new laptop on 56 is better but it's still a joke.

Why do web browser so more RAM than games? it makes no sense.

Hmm, pie.

Works really, really well and it's really fast. I like this update a lot, but the new look is not very pleasing to me.

It works well, but I have one big complain: when you open a new tab, the icons of the fav sites are way too small . They should have kept them the same size as before.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

It's still Firefox though.

#chromemasterrace

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
It works well, but I have one big complain: when you open a new tab, the icons of the fav sites are way too small . They should have kept them the same size as before.

They probably changed it because now there's a lot more stuff on the new tab page so such big icons wouldn't fit in there. You can probably change it with either userContent.css or userChrome.css if you know HTML and CSS. If you're on Reddit, there's a subreddit where you can probably ask for help with that.

Zkuq said:
JEMC said:

They probably changed it because now there's a lot more stuff on the new tab page so such big icons wouldn't fit in there. You can probably change it with either userContent.css or userChrome.css if you know HTML and CSS. If you're on Reddit, there's a subreddit where you can probably ask for help with that.

Sadly, I'm not on Reddit. But I'll keep an eye on the link you've posted, in case someone makes it.

Thanks.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

i ditched firefox for chrome half a decade ago and i dont see a reason to go back to it.
Also i doubt it will sync with chrome on my android tab ;)

It actually feels legitly fast which is pretty fap worthy

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

My firefox updated himself and now speed dial is not working anymore but i found another one FVD Speed Dial

Alt removed -RavenXtra

Last edited by Raven - on 17 November 2017