By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Check out the new Firefox Quantum

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

Woke up this morning and I fired up my Firefox browser to an update, and wow it just feels so good I had to share it.

edit: It is super fast

https://i.imgur.com/FkEQ36U.png

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 17 November 2017

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Well I am glad someone made a thread about it.
My burden is reduced.

It's also good on the CPU and memory

https://i.imgur.com/5yfds3V.png

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 17 November 2017

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Unfortunately I'm one of those whose Firefox just hibernates the system more and more. None of the solutions on Mozilla's website work for me, except when the task manager is running in a window....bizarre.

Been on the mac os beta for quantum a few weeks now, in the hopes that it's more resource friendly than the old version and I like it so far.

Around the Network

Bye google

I didn't notice it being faster, and now the refresh button is on the left, how dare they move it :)
It would be nice it it auto refreshed the page on re-opening the browser. For some reason it always loads the old info (with new adds ofcourse). Tricked me plenty of time with old weather news.
I guess it uses less ram now, currently a it over 500mb in use over 4 instances, was easily double that before.

Edit: Actually now I pay attention to it, it is a lot faster! Or maybe VgChartz is in a good mood today.

It's a faster with loading that's for sure. Great update. Keeping 60 tabs open works like a breeze .

I also keep missing the refresh button on the right side. It will have to adjust to the new location. Still a great update .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

It seems pretty great so far. I got some strange freezes on Twitter yesterday though, so I'm worried it might have introduced some problems as well. That, or some of my extensions is now causing trouble.

Bandorr said:
It eliminated almost all of my add ons.

So I will just wait until my add on's can catch up and I will re-update.

You might find this list useful. It contains a lot of add-ons, their porting status, and possible replacements under the new system.

SpokenTruth said:
It doesn't play well with my theme (neither do just about any of them now) and my tab extension that allowed me to control tab font colors is gone. I may have to manually change them unless they get an update to work with the new version.

There's a very restricted set of things extensions can do with the UI, and what you want isn't possible. Your only choice is to edit userChrome.css or get a theme that modifies the fonts (if that's possible either, which I kind of doubt), or wait for Mozilla to hopefully implement better customizability for the UI some time in the future (which doesn't seem like something that's going to happen in the near future, if ever).