By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switching the Nintendo Switch Narrative

Is it Valid to have it Both Ways?

Yes, the Switch is both a... 30 81.08%

No, that's a cheap way t... 5 13.51%

See Results. 2 5.41%

Total:37

lol, I guess that's the beauty of it.  It can be whatever you want it to be.

But in all seriousness though. I think the issue is that there is not a consensus not even within the Nintendo fanbase itself. So you may find some Nintendo fans that actually sees it primarly as a handheld and others that see it primarly as a home console. Thus giving you the impression that all the fanbase is just flip flopping.

Just as a side note:  There was one comment that caught my attention a couple of months ago because it had a kind of a threatening tone to it, and it came from a moderator supporter on this site:

Carl2291 said: 
Kerotan said:

Yeah despite being a succesor to the 3DS and Wii U sales aligned the Switch is just keeping up with the 3DS. Sales are excellent but this puts them into perspective. 

It's considered a home console by Nintendo and not a successor to the 3DS.

"Fils-Aime made it clear that though the Nintendo Switch is a portable console, it is a home console and not a replacement for what Nintendo wants to accomplish with the 3DS and 2DS."

Stop doing what you're doing. 

Around the Network

Funny thing is if they make that argument then they aren't lying.

Fact of the matter is that its both. Because it can be used as both.

Its the only home console that you can take with you on the go. its the only portable console that performs better when its used as a home console.

While being a jack of both trades means it won't be the best at doing either, it does each one well enough to make do.

Really, was this necessary? Shameful thread if you ask me

Goodnightmoon said:
Shamefull thread if you ask me

A passive agressive reply from you is nothing that surprise me anymore, specially when it comes to Nintendo threads.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread tho!

It's a hybrid. It's not that difficult to understand how a thing that is two things at the same time can have the benefits and disadvantages of two things at the same time.

It's like trying to understand how a person of mixed races is involved in festivities of two different cultures.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network
ThisGuyFooks said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Shamefull thread if you ask me

A passive agressive reply from you is nothing that surprise me anymore, specially when it comes to Nintendo threads.

No, thanks you for your contribution to this place making useless generalizations to create an unnecessary tension for no reason at all, and good luck trying to finally understand the concept of Hybrid cause seems 8 months wasn't enough for many to understand it.

Goodnightmoon said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

No, thanks you for your contribution to this place making useless generalizations to create an unnecessary tension for no reason at all, and good luck trying to finally understand the concept of Hybrid cause seems 8 months wasn't enough for many to understand it.

Create unnecessary tension? LOL

Take a chill pill moon, try to be civilized for once on this site. We are just talking about videogames bro.

mZuzek said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

Create unnecessary tension? LOL

Take a chill pill moon, try to be civilized for once on this site. We are just talking about videogames bro.

Yeah.

I don't like your thread and don't understand what exactly was the point either. But some people are just taking it way too far here, the topic was pretty harmless even if it was also pointless.

I mean, i feel like my english is way to shitty for me to explain the topic how i wanted

But yeah man, thanks to all the people that kept it civil!

I dont think i explained this thread in a way that can develop the discussion that i wanted, thanks to all the people that replied!

Can a mod please lock this thread?

Lol, this was thread backfire. Pure gold moment

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.