By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SW Battlefront 2 has the lowest user score I've ever seen on Metacritic thanks to the controversy surrounding the game

Burn in hell EA

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Random_Matt said:
Glad.
Hope it's a commercial failure.

Doubt it will be a total failure, but it definitely seems like it's going to sell alot less than the first game sold (13m physical, probably around 18-20m with console and PC digital included).

Being a very casual Star Wars fan, I bought the first one just this year for only $9 to make the single player missions worth it.  Then on the PSN, the season pass was free so I "purchased" it.  Otherwise, no go.  I know I'm in the minority here, but you can probably count me as one who will not be supporting Battlefront II unless some exceptional circumstances come up such as what happened with me with the first one.

Today I showed the metecritic user score to an employee who planed to buy it. Well in the meanwhile he changed his mind.

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

It's made that way with the intent to get people to pay more money for them.

So basically what people have been telling the "microtransactions aren't so bad" "they're only cosmetic" "it's just to speed things up" people for ages. Anybody who thought companies wouldn't intentionally make things harder or take longer to encourage microtransaction sales is naive at best and plain delusional at worst.

The thing is, even if nobody bought microtransactions, or at least a much smaller proportion, they would still probably try to push them for the possibility of making some money off of it, as I don't know if it really negatively affects sales.

lol, gonna see for myself

Around the Network

I hope EA loses the Star Wars license. Factor 5 must make them again.

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

The thing is, even if nobody bought microtransactions, or at least a much smaller proportion, they would still probably try to push them for the possibility of making some money off of it, as I don't know if it really negatively affects sales.

People shouldn't have to not buy the games to fix shitty (borderline illegal) business practices though. That's kind of the governments job. I remember Pokemon had the slot machines removes because European governments wouldn't allow them in the games anymore because it "encouraged kids to gamble". That was with in-game money. Now we've got all this lootbox shit as well which encourages kids to gamble much more than the slot machines in Pokemon ever did and even worse require real money. Why isn't something being done about that? At the very least games featuring those should be banned for sale to people under the legal age for gambling (I'm guessing that's why Pokemon removed them to avoid that).

I don't see why the government would want to interfere, they probably don't really care.

OTBWY said:
I hope EA loses the Star Wars license. Factor 5 must make them again.

This. They never deserved the SW license. A shitty untalented company like EA should have never even been in the cards for the license.

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

People shouldn't have to not buy the games to fix shitty (borderline illegal) business practices though. That's kind of the governments job. I remember Pokemon had the slot machines removes because European governments wouldn't allow them in the games anymore because it "encouraged kids to gamble". That was with in-game money. Now we've got all this lootbox shit as well which encourages kids to gamble much more than the slot machines in Pokemon ever did and even worse require real money. Why isn't something being done about that? At the very least games featuring those should be banned for sale to people under the legal age for gambling (I'm guessing that's why Pokemon removed them to avoid that).

Has Europe banned crane games and capsule games yet?  

pokoko said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Has Europe banned crane games and capsule games yet?  

Regulation does not equate banning.