By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SW Battlefront 2 has the lowest user score I've ever seen on Metacritic thanks to the controversy surrounding the game

Well, this ought to send a message to EA, although I don't think it will translate into reduced sales. Star Wars is too big of a franchise to lose money for this. I'm more interested in that campagin that's trying to bring soccer moms and other similar groups to call out Disney for allowing EA to use its IP like this. After all, Disney cares about its reputation way more than EA.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Means absolutely nothing without purchase verification.

Darwinianevolution said:
Well, this ought to send a message to EA, although I don't think it will translate into reduced sales. Star Wars is too big of a franchise to lose money for this. I'm more interested in that campagin that's trying to bring soccer moms and other similar groups to call out Disney for allowing EA to use its IP like this. After all, Disney cares about its reputation way more than EA.

Here's what you just said:

Well, this ought to send a message to EA, although I don't think it will send a message to EA

Angelus said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Well, this ought to send a message to EA, although I don't think it will send a message to EA

Well, they are in full damage controll now, so we have to assume the message has been received. But if the sales are still there after this, they are just going to ignore it.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Bandorr said:
It isn't even much of a controversy. Just people not willing to put in the time.

I care nothing for star wars games so I wouldn't be getting the game anyways.
If it was grinding for something I was interested in I'd have no problem with it though. As long as it was worth it.

Bad game play should get bad game scores. Just because they don't give you darth vader at the beginning shouldn't result in bad user scores. Unless the game is also bad.

It's made that way with the intent to get people to pay more money for them.

Around the Network

We were drunk and now choose to live as a gay company.

Darwinianevolution said:
Angelus said:

Well, they are in full damage controll now, so we have to assume the message has been received. But if the sales are still there after this, they are just going to ignore it.

Except what we call their current "damage control" won't actually be damage control if they still see the level of sales they were forecasting to begin with. The only message companies receive is "am I leaving money on the table?" If the answer is no, then they ultimately have no reason to care, or to change their practices moving forward, because they're seeing that what they're doing is working just as they intended, even if some people get pissy about it.

shikamaru317 said:
pokoko said:
Means absolutely nothing without purchase verification.

It doesn't mean that the game is necessarily bad, but to say it means nothing is an understatement. What it means is that many gamers are very angry at EA for putting a F2P progression system into a full priced game. 

As a "user score", it means nothing.  It tells me nothing.  Reviews by people who haven't played the game are useless to me.  It's like picking through all the 10s and 1s on Metacritic while trying to find something worth reading.

I think it's a combined issue of rabbid Star wars fanboys and Ea hatred.  And angry Xbox users.

Glad.
Hope it's a commercial failure.