By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ark dev: "I will say, for sure, we're not ignoring the Switch" and more

JRPGfan said:

Game is 77 to 122gb installed right (depending on patches and mods)?

Get ready to buy a 8GB cartridge that requires a 115+ GB "patch" to run.

And Probably runs like 540p20.

Yeah that last one is a deal breaker.  I do not want to see a trend of these 3rd party games running in sub 720 in any mode.  30fps is fine, but sub HD is the equivalent of dial-up internet.  

I'm glad DOOM is there and I can appreciate Rocket League but 540p on a press release for most 3rd party games is unacceptable.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network
IkePoR said:

Yeah that last one is a deal breaker.  I do not want to see a trend of these 3rd party games running in sub 720 in any mode.  30fps is fine, but sub HD is the equivalent of dial-up internet.  

I'm glad DOOM is there and I can appreciate Rocket League but 540p on a press release for most 3rd party games is unacceptable.

Actually, the Switch is lucky to run any 3rd party games which are initially built with home consoles in mind ... 

Doom is sub HD with dips to the low 20's in docked mode and the developers behind Rocket League wanted Switch owners to experience the game at 60 fps so 576p it is ... 

fatslob-:O said:
IkePoR said:

Actually, the Switch is lucky to run any 3rd party games which are initially built with home consoles in mind ... 

Doom is sub HD with dips to the low 20's in docked mode and the developers behind Rocket League wanted Switch owners to experience the game at 60 fps so 576p it is ... 

The portability is the key factor though.  I can appreciate the effort if it's 540p portable but it has to be HD docked else don't bother.

Really though mate, the Switch isn't THAT far behind the Xbox 1, which is the baseline for these games developments.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Its will be very interesting to see all 3rd party announcements Switch will get next year.

haha no lol. Would run like a low res slide show on Switch. One of the worst optimized current gen games.

Around the Network

"We're not ignoring the Switch. Look, one of our employees even uses it as a mouse pad!"

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

IkePoR said:
fatslob-:O said:

The portability is the key factor though.  I can appreciate the effort if it's 540p portable but it has to be HD docked else don't bother.

Really though mate, the Switch isn't THAT far behind the Xbox 1, which is the baseline for these games developments.

Its a 397 Gflop machine (switch docked) vs a 1.4 Tflop (1400 Gflops) machine (xbox one S).

Switch = 4gb of 25.6 GB/S memory bandwidth  vs  Esram+DDR (XB1s) = ~218 GB/S memory bandwidth (x8,5+ of the switch)

Yeah its far behinde.

These guys won't work on the NS because that requires fine-tuning and resource management.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
These guys won't work on the NS because that requires fine-tuning and resource management.

unless their game cartridge comes with a 2017 version of the Super FX chip which would basically be a Titan X along with another 12GB of GDDR5 ram... then it might work.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

It would take a lot of reworking and redesigning. I’d like to see if they come up woth something. Maybe it will male them a better developer in the end. I’d have more respect for them if they were up for the challenge than if they just shrug the system off as a lost cause.