DICE 2 5.56%

BioWare 13 36.11%

Criterion Games 7 19.44%

Respawn Entertainment 3 8.33%

Switch owners ungrateful about getting FIFA 8 22.22%

Other (please specify any glaring omissions) 3 8.33%

Total:36
okr said:
Westwood Studios and Origin Systems are still the most bitter ones.

Bullfrog not so much, Molyneux would have destroyed his company anyway.

Agreed. Some of my first games I ever played were Westwood games. C&C... Dune....

It brings a tear to my eye.

I played black and white too as a child. I didn't understand what the f*ck I was supposed to do. Probably part of the reason why I never touched a fable game.

Around the Network

Sadly for OP, none of the bigger current names are going down anytime soon ...

DICE has survived for over 11 years after the acquisition by EA and shows absolutely no sign of going down ...

Bioware doesn't look like it's closing doors at moments notice and has survived with EA for over a decade ...

Criterion Games has been with EA for over 13 years so I can't see them shutting doors either ...

I guess this leaves Ghost Games (NFS 2015 still sold relatively well even after getting panned by critics) or Respawn Entertainment (Titanfall 2 didn't do well but they have a Star Wars game coming up) ...

If any of them ever shuts down it'll likely be because they made a bad game that didn't meet market expectations rather than because of EA's involvement ...

Normchacho said:
Why is Dice on this list?

I'm preparing for the potential massive bomb of Battlefront II.

EA is like a fat toddler, mindlessly chocking the life out of its pet birds.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
spurgeonryan said:

Why hopefully?

Well, VGChartz needs something to complain about ... if it's not Bioware it needs to be another studio.

It's the year of the lootbox baby, we're overloaded with topics to complain about.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network

Seriously, fuck Bioware. I’ve always found them wildly overrated.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Shaunodon said:
Normchacho said:
Why is Dice on this list?

But they just had the most successful Battlefield game a few months ago and a new Battlefield game that comes out next year.

IkePoR said:

Well, VGChartz needs something to complain about ... if it's not Bioware it needs to be another studio.

It's the year of the lootbox baby, we're overloaded with topics to complain about.

You're right. Hopefully Bioware gets closed on a more quiet year. We already have enough to be angry about now. Predictions anyone? 2019? 

IkePoR said:

You're right. Hopefully Bioware gets closed on a more quiet year. We already have enough to be angry about now. Predictions anyone? 2019? 

They will get the Criterion treatment.
Bioware will be turned into more of a shell of its former self, and become a DLC / systems studio.

jason1637 said:
Shaunodon said:

But they just had the most successful Battlefield game a few months ago and a new Battlefield game that comes out next year.

So it's a bit of a stretch then.

The money they must've put into Battlefront II due to the scale of the game and brand licensing, can't have been cheap. I doubt one big flop could sink their whole ship, but it's not like they'll be immune from any damage.