By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Amazon just bought the TV rights to "Lord of the Rings"

So I wanted to rewatch the Indiana Jones movies recently. I looked for it on Netflix, even though I knew they wouldn't have it, and they didn't. I looked for it on Hulu, and they had every movie ... except the first. I looked for it on Cable On Demand, and they had every movie ... except the first.

Amazon is the only one that had the first movie.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
So I wanted to rewatch the Indiana Jones movies recently. I looked for it on Netflix, even though I knew they wouldn't have it, and they didn't. I looked for it on Hulu, and they had every movie ... except the first. I looked for it on Cable On Demand, and they had every movie ... except the first.

So... get Amazon prime then?

Or do you not have it on VHS/DVD? It's like a bajillion years old now

I already have Prime. I wasn't complaining

Ka-pi96 said:

I already have Prime. I wasn't complaining

Why did you look around everywhere else first then?

Because my dog chewed up my old Amazon box remote and I hadn't set up the new one yet

Jeff Bezos is tired of losing out to Netflix and HBO. He is opening his wallet to change that.

“Some parents let their young kids win at games, but mine never did. I don't think it was because they were particularly competitive, they just wanted to teach me a valuable lesson. Life is mostly just learning how to lose.”

They're all on Netflix germany

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Three movies made of the trilogy in the early 2000s, filmed in New Zealand and based on Tolkien's novels.

I think this part is uncessary

Ka-pi96 said:
Angelus said:

They're all on Netflix germany

Even the ones with nazis? I thought nazis were banned in Germany?

Well I said all of them. So ya.

Oh boy, this is going to end badly I feel.

Nuvendil said:
Oh boy, this is going to end badly I feel.

Can't get much worse than the Hobbit movies 

I also would like they to buy and make a series for Harry Potter and finally have a good representation. LotR already got a very good representation.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."