By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Switch is worth every penny.

KLAMarine said:
Pick up Doom. The game looks a lot better than I was expecting. Plays great too!

Is doom good in portable mode?

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KLAMarine said:
Pick up Doom. The game looks a lot better than I was expecting. Plays great too!

To me, it's great. Just avoid multiplayer.

I don't want to buy it for PS4 and Xbox One because I thought it was just a mindless shooter. I actually bought it to show off to people. I'm really surprised how good it turned out to be.

d21lewis said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I don't want to buy it for PS4 and Xbox One because I thought it was just a mindless shooter. I actually bought it to show off to people. I'm really surprised how good it turned out to be.

Doom is the kind of game that shows how brilliant a "mindless" shooter can be.

I honestly have a theory that as intelligent as maturity is there is an art in appealing to basic human instincts that delve into immaturity. Immaturity can also be smart, that's why it's so fun to shoot demons in doom in big maps with huge guns. Plus the game respects your intelligence a lot more than most shooters. 

But everything I just said applies to the original DOOM about 10x more

S.T.A.G.E. said:
KLAMarine said:

I would say so, certainly. If you're looking for Doom on the go, this is certainly the best version, haha.

d21lewis said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Awesome. I heard the FPS controls are a little weird and tiring outside of the docked mode, so I was a little worried about this and getting wolfenstein after this.  Skyrim is a buy for sure, but dunno, its just worrisome. Glad it turned out well for you. 

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I would say so, certainly. If you're looking for Doom on the go, this is certainly the best version, haha.

Great! putt hat up against the other games to get this month.