By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Lost Odyssey sales rejoicing!

The damn game reminds me of Uncharted* - weak early sales but it keeps on ticking... up to the point next week it'll clear the 600k landmark. That's 130k more than Blue Dragon ever did. At a rough estimate, it's gotta have grossed around 15M$ for Microsoft already.

My question is: is it enough for Microsoft to renew their Mistwalker support? Will the gooch keep the Mistwalker boat afloat and deliver more jrpgs? Certainly Cry On is a given since it is part of the trilogy of announced games baaack in the day (Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Cry On) but will we get a BD2 or a LO2?

* No, I don't think it'll match Uncharted sales, thanks for asking. 

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

I hope to God that this makes MS hand Mistwalker the key's to Uncle Bill's Money Vault.

Looks like it has a good shot of clearing 500k in the US alone. That's a huge accomplishment.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Most JRPG's don't get the relative success in America that Lost Odyssey is getting. The only other ones were FF series, KH series, Star Ocean 3, Tales of Symphonia, and Dragon Quest VIII

I hope they make a sequel to Lost Odyssey, I'm really enjoying this game.

In before LO2 cancelled to fund Halo Kartz for the xbox-mote =(

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

It's been marketed pretty heavily here, looks like it's paying off.

Bungie, rare, ensemble studios, and now mistwalker, am I missing any of their good developers? (microsofts)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I think they're going to ride the Mistwalker train as long as possible.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Cry On has gone into hibernation mode so I am a bit worried. I really want to see more of this game. LO2 or not, I think and hope there will be another Mistwalker mature RPG. BD was only okay for me.

I think all resources will go to LO 2.

@ stratgetyking

Turn 10 makes Forza.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.