By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I need Golf Story and Stardew Valley physical copy

Really.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

I don't think Golf Story will every see a physical release any time soon. I believe I read somewhere the devs were two guys in Australia that took a few years to make the game which was originally supposed to be on the WiiU. Not exactly a big company to release physical carts, cases, etc in bulk...

I can see Stardew Valley being possible especially since PS4 and XBO did. Maybe sometime next year. Although you would think they would have done that on initial release...

Pretty sure a physical version Stardew Valley is coming soon.

I think I read somewhere that Limited Run Games' first Switch release will be Golf Story, but don't quote me on that.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ultrashroomz said:
I think I read somewhere that Limited Run Games' first Switch release will be Golf Story, but don't quote me on that.

Yeah its a rumor circuling around the web, nothing confirmed yet though.  Just wait and see. 

Around the Network
Tbone said:
Ultrashroomz said:

Yeah its a rumor circuling around the web, nothing confirmed yet though.  Just wait and see. 

or he could just win the lottery and make a deal with the developer to give him a physical copy of it. About the same chance of that happening as it would be getting a game from LRG.

shoichi said:
I don't think Golf Story will every see a physical release any time soon. I believe I read somewhere the devs were two guys in Australia that took a few years to make the game which was originally supposed to be on the WiiU. Not exactly a big company to release physical carts, cases, etc in bulk...

I can see Stardew Valley being possible especially since PS4 and XBO did. Maybe sometime next year. Although you would think they would have done that on initial release...

Limited Run Games has already hinted that Golf Story will be their first physical Switch release early next year, with Stardew Valley to follow.

Safe to say I'm excited. :)

KLXVER said:
Tbone said:

or he could just win the lottery and make a deal with the developer to give him a physical copy of it. About the same chance of that happening as it would be getting a game from LRG.

As of right now its probably 70-30% that LRG will release it.

I hope Nintendo someday brings out some kind of Nindie Compilation Cartridges. Each one having a different theme (like all the games belonging to the same genre, or a graphical or thematic theme) and counted the way that the physical version costs 60$ and would be roughly equal to the price in the Eshop

roadkillers said:

Really.

The chances are not very big, i think. I buy disc-games too, dont like digital-only.

By the way, here is a recommendation for you: Everybodys Golf - fantastic golf game,
also available on disc. (the game has a singleplayer, online mode and can be played locally with four players) :) Wish you a great weekend :)

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 10 November 2017