By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2017 - FINISH YOUR LISTS

mZuzek said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

26. Pokémon X/Y

There will always be at least one Poke'mon game on my list. As a franchise Poke'mon is pretty much a must play. What other JRPG franchise has hundreds and hundreds of recruitable characters? What other JRPG franchise has an online VS mode? X/Y makes the list over the other ones, because this is the first time the series jumped from 2D sprites to 3D models. 

Nice. Being the jump from 2D to 3D alone is a bit of a shallow reason, but nice nonetheless. Also, you took 10 hours to beat Portal? Damn.

Just realized Platina actually guessed Wind Waker for the second year running now, huh (see what happens when you don't guess, StarDoor). Anyways, moving on, let's see...

#16 - A game about an owl, a really big tree and two weird-looking creatures, both of which you play as (though one of them only for a couple of really brief moments).

The core games mostly play the same. I haven't played Sun/Moon yet, but as far as I can tell every Poke'mon game has always had the same basic setup. Go to new town, get badge, rinse repeat. Silver/Gold remakes have the best character designs, but they lack online play and the balancing that fairy types bring to the table. Also I forgot to mention that mega forms really changed the meta. 

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

26. Pokémon X/Y

There will always be at least one Poke'mon game on my list. As a franchise Poke'mon is pretty much a must play. What other JRPG franchise has hundreds and hundreds of recruitable characters? What other JRPG franchise has an online VS mode? X/Y makes the list over the other ones, because this is the first time the series jumped from 2D sprites to 3D models. 

Nice. Being the jump from 2D to 3D alone is a bit of a shallow reason, but nice nonetheless. Also, you took 10 hours to beat Portal? Damn.

Just realized Platina actually guessed Wind Waker for the second year running now, huh (see what happens when you don't guess, StarDoor). Anyways, moving on, let's see...

#16 - A game about an owl, a really big tree and two weird-looking creatures, both of which you play as (though one of them only for a couple of really brief moments).

Majora's Mask?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

So I got a little behind.

This classic series recently got an adaptation for TV. 

There are healing chicken in walls

Say Fuzzy pickles!

Probably the best flash game ever. It's a tower defense game.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

mZuzek said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

#15 This launch game had a greater than 100% attach rate the month it was released.

Breath of the Wild.

Correct!

Mnementh said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Ok, time for more hints:

#17 This fantasy co-op arcade game is the 2nd in the series. If you think about it, it's really a shoot 'em up.
Hint 2: "Traps make walls disappear."
Hint 3: This series popularized 4-player co-op in the arcades.  It was also one of the main reasons to get a 4-Score (4-player) for the NES.

#16 This 80's arcade game could be described as Minecraft with a bicycle pump.
Hint 2: This game was in Stranger Things 2.
Hint 3: The title of this game is two verbs.  One of the verbs is the past tense of the other.

#15 This launch game had a greater than 100% attach rate the month it was released.

#14 I played this game on the PS3, and it came bundled with several expensive controllers.

#17: Gauntlet II?

#15: Zelda: Breath of the Wild?

Both Correct!  Although mZuzek beat you on Breath of the Wild

S.Peelman said:
The_Liquid_Laser said: 

#14 I played this game on the PS3, and it came bundled with several expensive controllers.

Guitar Hero World Tour? I don't know, wild guess.

This is not it, but you are very much on the right track.

Slarvax said:

Say Fuzzy pickles!

20 Castlevania
19 Earthbound
18 Bloons?

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Slarvax said:

Say Fuzzy pickles!

20 Castlevania
19 Earthbound
18 Bloons?

Correct on the first 2. Kinda close on 18. You can actually buy it on Steam or play it on you phone (free or paid).

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

The_Liquid_Laser said:
S.Peelman said:

Guitar Hero World Tour? I don't know, wild guess.

Mmm.. I guess then I'd be guessing what mZuzek's guessing, but just in case he's wrong, I'm going to guess the first Rock Band.

game #15

Hint 1: Combine materials gained from slaying monsters to get magical stones.

Hint 2: It's a spinoff of a long-running series (that started in the 80s).

Hint 3: As you fulfill quests the tavern gets emptied.

Hint 4:

game #14

Hint 1: Poisoning the environment is setting the events in this game into action.

Hint 2: A time-traveling toilet.

game #13

Hint 1: You die in the tutorial.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Slarvax said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

20 Castlevania
19 Earthbound
18 Bloons?

Correct on the first 2. Kinda close on 18. You can actually buy it on Steam or play it on you phone (free or paid).

18 is Plants vs Zombies?

S.Peelman said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Mmm.. I guess then I'd be guessing what mZuzek's guessing, but just in case he's wrong, I'm going to guess the first Rock Band.

Yep, it is Rock Band.  The two games are pretty much the same to me (except song lists) so I just picked the first one.

Mnementh said:

game #15

Hint 4:

game #14

Hint 1: Poisoning the environment is setting the events in this game into action.

game #13

14 is Day of the Tentacle?
13 is Demon's Souls?

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Mnementh said:

game #15

Hint 4:

game #14

game #13

14 is Day of the Tentacle?
13 is Demon's Souls?

Both correct. I realize I forgot the fourth hint for game #15. I had difficulties to think up one and decided to make the other first.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]