By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2017 NPD Thread! Switch #1

RoboTin said:
Player2 said:

Gran Turismo debuted below a Forza game. Now that's something I never expected to see.

To be fair Forza had 2 weeks more sales( I think GT would have taken it  head to head), but both seems to done pretty badly even with digital sales.

I think they did alright. Forza managed to outsell south park on the XB1 so it can't be that bad and GT charted well on the PS4 chart.

Around the Network

Everything is close to expected, just need some solid numbers now.

I predicted 367k for Switch so about 300k left for SNES classic and 3DS.

So I probably overpredicted because I imagine SNES classic is closer to Switch, both being in the 225k-300k region with 3DS at 110k. Or the PS4 is really low and SNES classic barely outsold it.

palou said:
Uhmm, yeah, I'd *reeeaaallly* like to know those mario numbers, so if anyone wants to drop something ?

Seeing as the only/closest numbers we have for Odyssey's first 3 days is over 1m, I'll give you the win. Gg.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

One thing to note. Despite Switch doing very well and winning 6 out of 10 npd's this year, PS4 is still the bestselling console in 2017 in the US. Impressive hold.

I'm still holding out hope for Wolf II (even though it's at #14, it only got two days, plus no digital tracking) I hope it sneaks into the top 10 next month.

The tracking period is October 1-28. 29-31 will be included in November.

Great performances, by Mario Odyssey, shadow of war, and ac origins. Assassins creed syndicate placed third in its launch month, while Origins took second with substantially less days to work with, good improvement.

GT sport doesn't make the top 10...... ouch. Its is four spots below assassins creed origins on the PS4 chart, despite it having 12 days to work with as opposed to origins' two days.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Don't forget that the software charts is based on revenue and not units.

I'm surprised to see the SNES mini #2, really thought PS4 would have sold more but I assume everyone is waiting for the crazy black friday deals.

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan

Around the Network

ps4 still the best selling console of the year.

Slarvax said:
palou said:
Uhmm, yeah, I'd *reeeaaallly* like to know those mario numbers, so if anyone wants to drop something ?

Seeing as the only/closest numbers we have for Odyssey's first 3 days is over 1m, I'll give you the win. Gg.

Well, we still have till december before the condition triggers, so I'd wait it out for a bit, in hopes of something more precise.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

quickrick said:

Will be a close race to the end, here are the numbers through Sept based on previous leaks

PS4-2.49m

SW-2.32m

We know Switch won October which likely drops the PS4 lead to ~150k.

Nov/Dec are anyones guess, Switch still sells about as fast as Nintendo can ship them and Amazon has it comfortably ahead so far this month but the $199 PS4 deal on Black Friday is def gonna move some units.

Could go either way at this point but i bet it will be close, will be an interesting holiday for sure!

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

quickrick said:

Its basically a tie. Nov+Dec will be the warrrrr... Who will win??? Well at least we know Nintendo Hardware will sell the most of of the 3 by years end :p

tbone51 said:
quickrick said:

Its basically a tie. Nov+Dec will be the warrrrr... Who will win??? Well at least we know Nintendo Hardware will sell the most of of the 3 by years end :p

xbox is gonna win november no doubt.