By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Call of Duty WW2 Had Record Day 1 Sales on PSN. More than Destiny 2.

Alkibiádēs said:
I'll never understand why people still buy yearly Call of Duty games.

EA and Activision are probably the worst AAA publishers out there. Game industry would be better off without them.

The games are good. EA and Activision do have bad business practices but they do know how to make good games.

Around the Network

call of duty is back to its roots and im happy

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

brute said:
Why are people so happy that digital is taking over? Physical has more benefits than digital
Anyways not to go off topic. Nice for CoD but Im still fatigued from the series.

I agree, once we a full digital then we are really at the mercy of the distributors. 

Alkibiádēs said:

EA and Activision are probably the worst AAA publishers out there. Game industry would be better off without them.

Because they have pretty great games that millions of people enjoy. People that probably wouldn't play any games at all if it wasn't for COD, FIFA, Battlefield, Overwatch, etc.

So no, the game industry would be way worse without them, that was a stupid remark.

think-man said:
brute said:
Why are people so happy that digital is taking over? Physical has more benefits than digital
Anyways not to go off topic. Nice for CoD but Im still fatigued from the series.

I agree, once we a full digital then we are really at the mercy of the distributors. 

Right now you have an unnecessary added cost to all games that should not exist in a digital world. There's no reason for resellers to take a cut of your money simply for transporting and holding some piece of plastic on a warehouse somewhere.

I would agree that there should be a way to resell digital a game license, and that's the only thing keeping digital back at the moment.

But in general, when I pay $60 for a game I love, I want as much as possible of that money to go to the people that made that experience possible. Developer (those who actually made the game), publisher (those who financed the project upfront) and platform holder (those who created the hardware the allows for the experience to exist).

Around the Network

Well deserved. The game is really good.

Single player campaign and Zombies are great fun. Shame I don't have the time to sink into multiplayer..

BraLoD said:
What if those kind of sales could go to games like Nioh?
We would live in a good world...

Sadly that is not the world we live in.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

jason1637 said:
Alkibiádēs said:

The games are good. EA and Activision do have bad business practices but they do know how to make good games.

Don't most of their games get poor reviews?

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
jason1637 said:

Don't most of their games get poor reviews?

No they get pretty good reviews.

jason1637 said:

I do not play shooters, but strong sales! And the next with records: "Star Wars Battlefront 2", "Monster Hunter World" and "Red Dead Redemption 2" on PS4, i think.