By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GameStop Nearly Sells Through Its Xbox One X Supply In First 24 Hours

FIT_Gamer said:
hudsoniscool said:
Wish they gave numbers but nonetheless it feels like a good launch. I only expected it to do ps4pro like numbers to begin with. Which was about 250k last November. I now believe around 350k... we will see though.

If you gave that estimate over on N4G you'd be attacked. Member over there making ridiculous claims that it sold over 1 million day one and will 4-5 million by the end of December lol. 

Some people are detached from reality.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Honestly I'm not that impressed. It should be completely sold out unless they provided a huge shipment. I'm surprised that I'm still able to snag one on Amazon if I wanted to.

Last edited by Darc Requiem - on 08 November 2017

Hopefully MS did stock a lot of it in the US - Which is their strongest market.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

FIT_Gamer said:
hudsoniscool said:

😂. I think if it does even 1.5 million this year ms will be jumping up n down with joy. Those numbers r just stupid high.

That would be on the high end. 4-5 million though lol. I've been book marking such comments for the future. 

If we get some numbers at the end of the year you should make a thread with the posts to see which predictions were right. 

jason1637 said:
FIT_Gamer said:

That would be on the high end. 4-5 million though lol. I've been book marking such comments for the future. 

If we get some numbers at the end of the year you should make a thread with the posts to see which predictions were right. 

I'll make a prediction. The guy saying 4-5 million...... Will be wrong.

I know what you're thinking about now. How could I possibly disagree with such logic.....

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
jason1637 said:

I'll make a prediction. The guy saying 4-5 million...... Will be wrong.

I know what you're thinking about now. How could I possibly disagree with such logic.....

Yeah 4-5m is way too much for only the One X. Last year the Xbox One sold 4m in November and December. I think the regular xb1 will do 3.5m this holiday and the 1X will do 1m.

Step down Switch, the new king of "nearly completely selling out" cometh... for a week or so.

Last edited by NintendoPie - on 08 November 2017

DialgaMarine said:
“Sold out” is such a vague term. I’m sure GameStop received a decent number of units, but this still tells me there wasn’t a huge number sold.

Vague? What's vague about it?

So it didn't sell out? Any similarities with the PS4 Pro articles?

I imagine even MS made sure to not manufacture too much, because although it should sell decently they don't want any stock of an expensive console laying around.

To know if this is a really good news depends on wether how many units were alocatted, but this is a good sign nevertheless.MS was needing a win for a while.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1