By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Doom Switch Comparision with other Platforms

Well, I wasn't kidding when I said it looks like a PS3 game. Apparently it also runs as bad.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Very good for a portable, very bad for a home console

Why is there still almost no blood in the final game? WTF? Did the blood have to be lowered significantly to make the port work?

vivster said:
Well, I wasn't kidding when I said it looks like a PS3 game. Apparently it also runs as bad.

Do we have a version?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

KeithC1990 said:
HoloDust said:
They're about the same - that is, when I'm comparing Switch version and then PC version, just without my prescription glasses.

Seriously (though I was dead serious), it looks really blurry - I think they should've sacrificed more of the other things instead of going so down with resolution.

Agree 100% lowering the resolution so much and using so much blur/soft visuals has created a game that has detail but it's hard to see because it's like someone has put tracing paper over it. I think when most people get their hands on it tommorow they will agree it would of been better to have the detail cut even more just so we could get a cleaner, crisper image. 

It is no where near the visuals of the xbox one or ps4 versions like some people are determining from the video above, the visuals in the multiplayer are more akin to a playstation vita game, or an early xbox 360 game with a blur filter on.

Yes I was wondering about this, firstly how long does the battery last in portable mode while playing any ideas yet? Maybe that is part of the downgrade because from has been stated previously wifi processing does have some cpu utilisation and of course heavy wifi use does uses the battery life quite quickly. I stated this as the beginning that this might happen. A revised Switch with improved battery life may help improve this in the future for later games. It's pretty much exactly as you would expect based on its spec. It's why I think Skyrim will be the far better game too because its a single player experience, without heavy use of wifi it can afford to put more resources to graphic fidelity as can the single player Doom game but single player Doom can't match the single player Skyrim experience in my opinion. 

Around the Network
GOWTLOZ said:
-Newcloud- said:
The Switch version looks better then it has any right to, I thought the gap would be far bigger

The gap is huge. Worse lighting and alpha effects and running at 30fps at a lower resolution. The other versions are way better but if I had a Switch I would get this version for the portability and any of the other versions for the full experience.

Yes the gap is huge but my expectations were low. I thought the gap would be similar to borderlands 2 vita which looked bad and barely ran. 

Just put the cart in my Switch, it's updating now; will play it as soon as it's finished and post impressions.

curl-6 said:

Just put the cart in my Switch, it's updating now; will play it as soon as it's finished and post impressions.

Waiting for them. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

curl-6 said:

But is it better than Odyssey? :P

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
curl-6 said:

But is it better than Odyssey? :P

Dunno yet, the bloody thing is still updating, it's nearly an hour and a half download. Not sure if the game is to blame, or the crappiness of Australian internet. XD