By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bandai Namco preparing three big Switch-exclusive titles that will come In Spring/Summer 2018

VGPolyglot said:
Shaunodon said:

Using Twitter's translate, first line says- "Van name enter oshita President:-Switch-only "three big titles worldwide to expand the call from next spring to summer..."

You'd have to get someone fluent in Nihongo to completely verify, but that's what they're going on.

OK, I'm trying to translate it myself, I see that 専用 means designated/exclusive, so I think Google mistranslated it. I believe it means he's saying that they're releasing 3 games designated for the Switch (as in they're talking specifically about the Switch), not that it's exclusive to the Switch. Whether or not I'm correct, I'm not sure.

Twitter uses Bing to translate.

VGPolyglot said:
Finale said:

It was a friend of mine who send me this information.I'm gonna ask were he get theexclusive part.Probably is a misinformation then

I figured out where the "exclusive" part comes from, however I still think it may have been a mistranslation.

http://jisho.org/word/%E5%B0%82%E7%94%A8
"1. exclusive use; personal use; dedicated​"

"Kanji in this word
専  = specialty, exclusive, mainly, solely"

That's the best I can offer.
Not sure Siliconera have someone fluent in Nihongo, or if they just rushed a cheap headline, but probably fair to assume it's true for now.

Around the Network
twintail said:
An enhanced port only on switch would probably cover this too

Occam's razor.

Nautilus said:
Nice.This might indicate that Nintendo might not and probably will not release as many first party games on 2018, simply because it dosent need to.

Hmmm. So you what were saying on the other thread? 

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Nautilus said:
Nice.This might indicate that Nintendo might not and probably will not release as many first party games on 2018, simply because it dosent need to.

Hmmm. So you what were saying on the other thread? 

That Bandai was stupid for not support Switch from the start and even they themselves admited it, and the first year content is bad to mediocre from their side.It still is.This support is only comming after the fact and it will still take a while to come.You need to remember that, if that silliconera article is correct, the OP title is wrong and those same games will be announced on Sping/Summer, and not released on that period necessarily.

And hey, if I said something wrong back in that thread, you could just answer back to me there and say what I had wrong.So why didnt you answer back?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Maybe a crossover?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

They should bring both their Souls series: Dark Souls and Soulcalibur

So the "Japanese devs scrambling" rumor was true then?

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Miyamotoo said:
I updated OP, also exclusive comes from here:

Switch専用に means "Switch only" or Switch exlusive.

That was quite a rabbit hole! Thank you! 

Onother update.

Bandai Namco Oshita:
-Working on 3 Switch-exclusive games
-These are "big" titles
-Expect releases around Spring-Summer '18

IkePoR said:
So the "Japanese devs scrambling" rumor was true then?

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/10/30/koei-tecmo-we-bet-big-on-the-switch-as-a-game-changer/

“We bet big on the Switch as a game changer so we began making games before the Switch’s launch, but many software companies showed reluctance in releasing Switch games before they witnessed the current success”.

Koei Tecmo right now-