By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One X Pre-Orders Sold Out at Major Japanese Retailers; No Day One in-Store Availability Planned

Imaginedvl said:

While I believe there is a strong demand everywhere else and the Xbox One X will have a very good start. 
In Japan, I tend to believe it is because Microsoft only shipped like 20 Xbox One X for the whole island (and I would not blame them for it) :)

Around the Network

well when you prepare only 100 xboxs for sale in japan it makes sense.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Where do they sell xbox's in Japan anyway? Is it online or is there actually a shop or two where you have to fight through the cobwebs to get to the xbox one display rack. I mean what shops can afford to invest in xbox one stock if the turnover of stock takes years not weeks. It will be interesting and possibly amusing to read the launch numbers anyway.

This could be the turning point in the console war against PS4 and Switch in Japan!

bonzobanana said:
Wouldn't surprise me if they only allocated a couple of thousand to Japan for the launch. It is a smaller more attractive console than past designs though. I know they practically laughed at the original xbox. Smaller is better in Japan.

That's way too many! I'm thinking more like 100.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

I doubt it will do more than 5k launch week in Japan.

jason1637 said:
I doubt it will do more than 5k launch week in Japan.

As in 5,000? I doubt it will top 500!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Why do they even bother with Japan? They clearly are not fond of Xbox and never have been

barneystinson69 said:
bonzobanana said:
Wouldn't surprise me if they only allocated a couple of thousand to Japan for the launch. It is a smaller more attractive console than past designs though. I know they practically laughed at the original xbox. Smaller is better in Japan.

I wonder how they felt about the duke. 

They never had it. Japan had a unique Xbox controller.

Well they do have a chance to have a good fresh marketing strategy over there. You know with the whole most powerful console ever shit. Plus it's very small and that just may bring in a few unexpected