By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Rewards new Trophy functionality update.

This shouldn't be a US only thing.

Everyone spends money just the same. Everyone gets trophies just the same. Why should the benefits of spending said money and getting said trophies be region specific?

And they are making the system too complicated. Then again thats typical of sony... lots of great half assed ideas that are made half assed usually because of piss poor implementation.

This should all be tracked within your PSN account... you know? the same place you earn trophies and add money to a wallet.

Around the Network

For those 3 tiers I have about 19/10/1 for the entire year, maybe a bit more.

So definitely not something for me. Of course a ton of bronze, but they don't matter.

FIT_Gamer said:
Sunstrider said:

Can you link your PSN account? How does this challenge work?

You link you PSN account to your Sony Rewards account. Once you activate the challenges it tracks the trophies you earn. You can also earn bonus ponts for using PSN Apps also you points for any purchases you make on PSN or with PS CC. 

Woah, so you've been able to earn points for just purchasing on the PSN store? Have they implemented the money rewards before or is it implemented just for the trophy pass? Sorry, I've only heard about this reward system just today lol.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Intrinsic said:
This shouldn't be a US only thing.

Everyone spends money just the same. Everyone gets trophies just the same. Why should the benefits of spending said money and getting said trophies be region specific?

Sony have Europe sown up, the paris week doubling down on the fact Europeans like singleplayer, story driven games. With no hardware releasing this year in the US, Sony have to find another approach to cement their userbase and they've clearly targeted PS+. This ties in with their refusal to let Switch and XB1 players play multiplayer against PS+ owner, and it also ties in with their latest change with Tsuyoshi “John” Kodera taking over SIE

He is a truly global executive, possessing strategic understanding, strength of conviction and outstanding leadership capabilities … With the significance of network services increasing across the entire Sony Group, I believe that John is ideally equipped to build on the foundations Andy has left in place, and drive Sony’s game and network services business to further growth and excitement going forward.

You have to connect all the moving parts to see how the machine is working.

The PS5 Exists. 

Sunstrider said:
FIT_Gamer said:

You link you PSN account to your Sony Rewards account. Once you activate the challenges it tracks the trophies you earn. You can also earn bonus ponts for using PSN Apps also you points for any purchases you make on PSN or with PS CC. 

Woah, so you've been able to earn points for just purchasing on the PSN store? Have they implemented the money rewards before or is it implemented just for the trophy pass? Sorry, I've only heard about this reward system just today lol.

Yep. I've already earned enough rewards over the last 3 years to get myself $110 PSN wallet. You can you use the points for many different Sony items, but I usually just get PSN cards with them. 

The "money" is actually reward points. That's just their equivalency in real world currency. 

Around the Network

Meanwhile on Nintendo's side of the fence...

FIT_Gamer said:
Sunstrider said:

Yep. I've already earned enough rewards over the last 3 years to get myself $110 PSN wallet. You can you use the points for many different Sony items, but I usually just get PSN cards with them. 

The "money" is actually reward points. That's just their equivalency in real world currency. 

I see, really nice, thanks for the info.

internal server error 500 on the Sony Rewards site. It keeps crashing.

SegataSanshiro said:
internal server error 500 on the Sony Rewards site. It keeps crashing.

Seems like lots of people are having the same problem.

Well, that's pretty cool for people who collect trophies. They get a lil something for their efforts.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread