By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGChartz Website Development Thread - Post Suggestions/Feedback.

CGI-Quality said:
trunkswd said:

Yeah, I know all about that. He has done great work behind the scenes for the sales side of things.

Once everything is set up and tested to ensure it works correctly the Platform Totals page (https://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/) will be more accurate as it will display the correct VGC data for 7th gen and newer as right now some of that data is wrong. We will also be able to manually change the figures for the older consoles. Including software numbers. Ie. we will be able to update the lifetime Switch software figures to match Nintendo's latest numbers. 

I'm going to be helping more seriously soon. I'll be attempting to fix, and add, features.

That will be great. A lot needs work on the site. Though, at least we had the redesign from a couple of years ago. One thing the site needs to work on is SEO, which I don't know if anyone on the team knows how to do.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
CGI-Quality said:

I'm going to be helping more seriously soon. I'll be attempting to fix, and add, features.

That will be great. A lot needs work on the site. Though, at least we had the redesign from a couple of years ago. One thing the site needs to work on is SEO, which I don't know if anyone on the team knows how to do.

I'm working close with Bandorr, as he has much more experience than even I understood when I hired him. Way more valuable in this regard than I thought!

CGI-Quality said:
trunkswd said:

I'm working close with Bandorr, as he has much more experience than even I understood when I hired him. Way more valuable in this regard than I thought!

That is great. I had thought the issues with VGC Pro were going to be the hardest thing and that was the first thing he dived into. I greatly appreciate all the work he is doing. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

When the site was refreshed, I partly updated the User profile and my country is stuck in the new format: "English country name (Native country name)". But that format is not used in other parts of the site, such as the search, which still has the old "english country name" format for the filters.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/members.php?name=&gender=&keyword=&country=Spain&type=&order=Last+logged+in

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Will there be Year to date table on the frontpage such as the old one (before the renewal of the top page tables) to see each of the consoles how much have they sold to date?

Around the Network
yo33331 said:

Will there be Year to date table on the frontpage such as the old one (before the renewal of the top page tables) to see each of the consoles how much have they sold to date?

Not that I am aware of. But you can use this page to get the yearly sales (https://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php?reg=Global&ending=Yearly) or this page to get the monthly sales when you select each platform in the drop down. (https://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_yoy.php)

You can now "Create a thread" from the buddy. "Create thread" works exactly the same as new topic.

You are bound to love Earthbound.

That's neat! A minor nitpick would be calling it a thread when next to it the same things is referred to it as a topic - twice. I know the term was being discussed before, but you don't usually want multiple names for the same thing. Still, good stuff, and personally I'm not bothered since I know they mean essentially the same thing.

I suggest there could be also a button (or maybe rename) Like. Instead of agree the thumbs up may be either get renamed to like, or stay agree, but add a heart button which just means like the comment, but not neccessarily means that you agree to.

Last edited by yo33331 - on 06 June 2022

Suggest picture be higher than 500,000k when uploading an image.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.