By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Super Lucky's Tale Reviews - 66 Metacritic (18 Critics) - 68 Opencritic (16 Critics)

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
"Who's bright idea was it to have a 3D Platformer where you can't rotate the camera freely?" - IGN, Super Lucky's Tale review

Uhhhh ... Nintendo's?

LOL and they gave mario 3d world a 9.6/10

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
In all seriousness I had to hold back laughter when I saw this thread.

This just looked like the most generic IP ever and mediocrity really deserves to be critiqued.

It could be the best game ever though, who knows!

For a small studio project its pretty impressive, maybe your expecations were too high? I mean its a $30 game so its not like they pushing something very ambitious.

Maybe it will review at par with more hyped projects like Knack 2 and Yooka Laylee.

Also, a game like this is gonna look underwhelming with Mario Odyssey just being released as well.

Impressive?! The game always looked like a mobile game...strange way to showcase the powah of “the monster”. Just shows how barren the XBox’s exclusives situation really is.

Errorist76 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

For a small studio project its pretty impressive, maybe your expecations were too high? I mean its a $30 game so its not like they pushing something very ambitious.

Maybe it will review at par with more hyped projects like Knack 2 and Yooka Laylee.

Also, a game like this is gonna look underwhelming with Mario Odyssey just being released as well.

Impressive?! The game always looked like a mobile game...strange way to showcase the powah of “the monster”. Just shows how barren the XBox’s exclusives situation really is.

Uhhh... I wonder if you actually think you're making a valid point.

Neither Sony or MS just used excluisves to hype their upgraded hardware. These are not platforms relying solely on exclusives, which is why these companies keep buying 3rd party marketing deals.

Super Lucky's Tale is a game they got behind and it was announced around the same time as X1X. So that was simply one of many games hyped to work better with X1X.

Maybe they could delay the X1X so it launches with MS's early 2018 content. But instead hyping it to play major 3rd party games best, a long with a collection of existing exclusives, that's the better bet to hit the 2017 holiday.

Last edited by Mr Puggsly - on 03 November 2017

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

Just stop there.

Games of all genres can be ambitious.

I just find your position on budget to be misplaced in this discussion, an excuse.

Well it sounds like you wanted something more ambitious but when I see a 3D platformer at a budget price and beign developed by a small studio, my expectations tend to be low.

I mean not just an excusve, its common sense.

If this game was notable that would be a surprise, certainly unexpected given the circumstance. Anywho, its a game I waited for reviews before ever considering checking out.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I might still pick it up because Damn it, WE NEED MORE HIGH BUDGET 3d Platformers

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

I just find your position on budget to be misplaced in this discussion, an excuse.

Well it sounds like you wanted something more ambitious but when I see a 3D platformer at a budget price and beign developed by a small studio, my expectations tend to be low.

I mean not just an excusve, its common sense.

If this game was notable that would be a surprise, certainly unexpected given the circumstance. Anywho, its a game I waited for reviews before ever considering checking out.

But nothing in my original comment ever implied that. Like, not even in the slightest. So that was not the kind of game I was expecting. I expected something formulaic, just good. I might still buy this on sale in 2018

TorterraBoy said:
"Who's bright idea was it to have a 3D Platformer where you can't rotate the camera freely?" - IGN, Super Lucky's Tale review

Uhhhh ... Nintendo's?

LOL and they gave mario 3d world a 9.6/10

When the rest of a game is mediocre; these little things stand out more.

So the score is underwhelming... and that was one of the games that MS manager was counting on for the holidays. Will it bring HW?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
So the score is underwhelming... and that was one of the games that MS manager was counting on for the holidays. Will it bring HW?

I never understood why anyone would see anything in the generic game anyway. The first game on Oculus was very mediocre already.

Errorist76 said:
DonFerrari said:

I never understood why anyone would see anything in the generic game anyway. The first game on Oculus was very mediocre already.

Brand loyalty could help

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."