By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Super Lucky's Tale Reviews - 66 Metacritic (18 Critics) - 68 Opencritic (16 Critics)

Azzanation said:
Normchacho said:

Let's try this again. The price of a game does not correspond to its quality. There is no correlation between how much a game costs and its review scores.

It's silly to suggest that we can't expect an inexpensive game to review well because we see inexpensive games do so all the time.

The price can refer to a games quality. Why is a game cheap to begin with? Clearly its lacking something and not always the scope of it either.

Yes some games turn out amazing and some games are trash. Thats the gamble in this industry.

If you think the price is always based on the scope of the game than thats your view on it. Iv played some pretty cheap games that have alot of scope to them.

But you're arguing that we shouldn't expect an inexpensive game to review well which is clearly nonsense because so many inexpensive games do.

It's especially nonsensical considering that a lot of reviews will take into account the amount of investment the player is expected to make when scoring a game. Cuphead would have reviewed worse if it were $60, as would many other less expensive games because the size and scope of those games and their budgets are reflected in their price.

If anything, this game being $29.99 should have helped it's reviews, not hurt them. The only reason this game isn't reviewing well is because reviewers don't seem to be enjoying it.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Azzanation said:

The price can refer to a games quality. Why is a game cheap to begin with? Clearly its lacking something and not always the scope of it either.

Yes some games turn out amazing and some games are trash. Thats the gamble in this industry.

If you think the price is always based on the scope of the game than thats your view on it. Iv played some pretty cheap games that have alot of scope to them.

But you're arguing that we shouldn't expect an inexpensive game to review well which is clearly nonsense because so many inexpensive games do.

It's especially nonsensical considering that a lot of reviews will take into account the amount of investment the player is expected to make when scoring a game. Cuphead would have reviewed worse if it were $60, as would many other less expensive games because the size and scope of those games and their budgets are reflected in their price.

If anything, this game being $29.99 should have helped it's reviews, not hurt them. The only reason this game isn't reviewing well is because reviewers don't seem to be enjoying it.

I am stating how i see it. The game is cheap so my hype levels were never great for it. Goes for any game i play down the road. If it comes with a cheap price tag i personally dont think much of them or expect masterpeices from them. Thats just me. Your free to view it any way you like just like everyone else here. For me, Lucky Tales is a cheap game that i wont be holding my breath to play. Thats what i stated before and ill stick to that. Also CupHead would have done worse if it was seen as a $60 game in my opinion. That game is amazing however its not something ill pay full price for. 

Teh pohwa of de Eh Boxs Ehs!!!

It's not a bad game at all. The problem is it doesn't offer anything special or unique, but it's a very solid game for kids. It looks good, sounds good and the gameplay is mostly good. Fun game to play with my 5-year-old, he loves it :)

Should be around 75 meta imo but what the hell.