By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Functionality Update!

StarOcean said:
First time in a few years where the site seems to be progressing again. Good, it's very much needed

Yes, it's definitely a very exciting time for the site

Around the Network

I have that ban on my profile, you wrote " Other (The ban for flaming from 05/05/2016 was removed.)" Can you remove the actual ban from the 5th please. Thanks.

Ride The Chariot

TruckOSaurus said:
DonFerrari said:

the ad placement isn't dependent of the site coding?

It is but we're not allowed to touch it or else...

Or else what? Exactly.

You realize how crappy this is, right?  The ads are terrible enough as they are, but now you are allowing them to remove functionality of the site.  Someone had to authorize this placement and place it on a specific ad tier.  Shady business there, but who's surprised.

super_etecoon said:
TruckOSaurus said:

It is but we're not allowed to touch it or else...

Or else what? Exactly.

You realize how crappy this is, right?  The ads are terrible enough as they are, but now you are allowing them to remove functionality of the site.  Someone had to authorize this placement and place it on a specific ad tier.  Shady business there, but who's surprised.

Trucks has no authority on it. We're trying to the best we can with the situation that we're in.

VGPolyglot said:
super_etecoon said:

Trucks has no authority on it. We're trying to the best we can with the situation that we're in.

Not accusing trucks or anyone else not able to affect a change regarding the issue.  Just pointing out the obvious. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
1) I want to keep my moderations, so don't you dare touch them

Well, no, underserved moderations only apply. :P

CGI-Quality said:
RolStoppable said:
1) I want to keep my moderations, so don't you dare touch them

Well, no, underserved moderations only apply. :P

I am pretty sure that I have more undeserved moderations than anyone else on VGC. I want to keep the entire history though.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

It's really nice to see things getting better on the site.

Leave movies by themselves we don't want music with movies.

Also leave my moderations alone.

Great work on everything else though.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

AZWification said:

I have been asking for the PL to come back since forever, so this makes me very happy!

Do you have any recollections as to how it worked, back in the day???

I remember it being a fairly automated process, and it was tied to the sales updates as they came in. I would VERY much like to resurrect this functionality, but for the life of me I cannot remember the steps that were involved. I do remember there being an actual admin (and we still have the flag available in the database) who was responsible for managing the league (was it Nordlead back then????) - but that's about all I can remember.

Whatever form it returns in, it doesn't necessarily have to be exactly as it was back then (God only knows if it's even technically POSSIBLE to build it the same way it was) - but any information, suggestions, or other input as to how it should work, would be sincerely appreciated...