By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Zero Punctuation: No More Heroes

ZenfoldorVGI said:
LMFAO. You know, I think he's actually a really good reviewer. He's gave positive nods to Psychonauts, NMH, Killer 7, CoD4, Metroid Prime, Zack and Wiki, and a ton of other great games either directly, or indirectly in a lot of his reviews. Basically, he's not necessarily a one trick pony who just garners attention by flaming all games indiscriminately. Instead, he actually has a respect for the industry and a distaste for online gaming, Halo 3, and most new FPS games in general. In this way, we are the same.

You've pretty much nailed the reason why I like Yatzee and his reviews so much. I find that, invariably, everything he rips a game apart over is 100% true. I can't count the number of times that I've had the exact same issue of "dark mode" happening after every enemy is dead, and that was my first day of playing it.

But just like he pointed out, I'm having a hell of a lot of fun with it. It's a mature game that is willing to be ridiculous and silly, I get blood and guts and action, and yet I can have FUN doing it instead of feeling grim and desolate.

I do notice however that a LOT of the games he has given positive response to have been Nintendo and Wii games. 

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
LMFAO. You know, I think he's actually a really good reviewer. He's gave positive nods to Psychonauts, NMH, Killer 7, CoD4, Metroid Prime, Zack and Wiki, and a ton of other great games either directly, or indirectly in a lot of his reviews. Basically, he's not necessarily a one trick pony who just garners attention by flaming all games indiscriminately. Instead, he actually has a respect for the industry and a distaste for online gaming, Halo 3, and most new FPS games in general. In this way, we are the same.

you make him seem extremely biased.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I watched it again. It's just that good.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

He is a funny guy. His delivery just makes his views even better.

His reviews are awesome, I should listen to more of his reviews

Around the Network

Hes great. I loved his DMC4 review!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Strategyking92 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

you make him seem extremely biased against what I like.

Fixed. 

Hm, he's getting slower...but that's not saying much :)

I saw the other thread get locked, and I realize this one was first, but this isn't an "off-topic" thread to me. If it is, then so are all videogame review threads.

What we really needed to do was be able to move this to the gaming or nintendo thread. There had been a thread specifically for Yatzee's reviews that had been stickied and updated to list all of the reviews he had done, but now I can't find it.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her