By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BLACK FRIDAY: who will win of the big 3?

Definitely NS. Only reason it doesnt win is if there is some sort of stock issue.

Its gonna be this holiday's "hot item"

Around the Network

US: Switch
Japan: Switch
Every other country on this planet: PS4

Lawlight said:

Global: Still Switch xD

Lawlight said:

Switch is selling better in Canada as well and I'm sure there are quite a few other countries as well. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

It could be close between PS4 and Switch. PS4 has a four year old library, a decent price at its age, and has steady momentum while the Switch has the "hot-new item" tag due to its recent release and with the latest games it has. Like others, PS4 may likely have Europe while the Switch may likely have NA and Japan. Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, Splatoon 2, Pokken, Mario + Rabbids, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, along with third party games with higher profiles than the other third party games on Switch that released earlier this year, are likely to raise interest on the console. I mean, its hard not to believe that Mario Odyssey can help the Switch take off during the holidays, especially with the acclaim it has, the overall fan reception of the game, and the buzz surrounding its presence. We'll see how much stock there is for the Switch, though it has been improving as I'm seeing more on store shelves.

Around the Network

PS4 Family
Switch (coming in second due to pricing and supply issues)
XBoxOne Family

twintail said:
I think if Sony has compelling bundles, them.
Drop the ratchet crash bundle and throw in knack 2.

They saved the trump card for the holidays.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Nintendo will win everywhere except for EU, which is the only place PS4 will be on top.

Provided there is not a stock problem of course.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Probably the Switch on the US, but the PS4 will get it worldwide.

Last edited by Mr_No - on 02 November 2017

Alkibiádēs said:
Lawlight said:

Switch is selling better in Canada as well and I'm sure there are quite a few other countries as well. 

You’re right - the Switch than the PS4 is selling better in Canada. Outselling the PS4 by a massive 4,000 units since it launched. What other countries cohld the Switch be outselling the PS4 in?