By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BLACK FRIDAY: who will win of the big 3?

monocle_layton said:
DonFerrari said:

Being BF and if we talk only USA, I don't think MS will do fine.

The issue is that people assume MS will do perfectly fine in its largest market, but that's disregarding the competition. The Switch is red hot in a mobile-heavy market, and the PS4 has insane deals and the benefit of the price tag and library.

Every company will obviously see an increase in sales, but personally I don't see anything significantly positive for Microsoft

Ow I agree there isn't anything specially or significant positive to MS, just that narrowing to BF on USA and MS usually going with the knife on the theets I can expect they to not fall to much behind Sony on BF.

Switch is the wild card, will it have enough stock for BF (I don't think it need any deal expect a perhaps free game bundle) to sell like crazy on this BF, but maybe Nintendo allocation won't allow they to outsell PS4/X1 on BF.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

US: Nintendo
Japan: Nintendo
Europe: PS4
WW: PS4

Does anyone know what's the official forecast for the PS4 and Switch?

Swordmasterman said:
Europe: PS4
WW: PS4

Does anyone know what's the official forecast for the PS4 and Switch?

For BF I have no idea, but Sony forecast 19M for FY and Nintendo upped their to 14M. Take what it already sold and what is expected to sell on Q4 and you can have some estimatives... probably around 1M for the week.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
monocle_layton said:

The issue is that people assume MS will do perfectly fine in its largest market, but that's disregarding the competition. The Switch is red hot in a mobile-heavy market, and the PS4 has insane deals and the benefit of the price tag and library.

Every company will obviously see an increase in sales, but personally I don't see anything significantly positive for Microsoft

Ow I agree there isn't anything specially or significant positive to MS, just that narrowing to BF on USA and MS usually going with the knife on the theets I can expect they to not fall to much behind Sony on BF.

Switch is the wild card, will it have enough stock for BF (I don't think it need any deal expect a perhaps free game bundle) to sell like crazy on this BF, but maybe Nintendo allocation won't allow they to outsell PS4/X1 on BF.

Free game? That's not needed at all. The momentum the Switch has sustained is ridiculous. What was considered 'overpriced' has sold at a pace beyond what the switch haters expected. 

The Switch has hype leading into its first Holiday with a new and fresh Mario game. Don't be surprised if the Switch is this year's hot item on everyone (and I mean everyone's) wish list

With snes mini, 3ds and switch, is it a competition at all?

Switch will be the hottest item, yet maybe supply constrained.

Around the Network
Shikamo said:
SpokenTruth said:

Europe: Sony
Global: Nintendo

i'm with you

I agree too!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

TETRIS ALL THE WAY!

US: Switch
Europe: Playstation ... Vita!!!
Japan: Switch
Worlwide: Playstation 4(they'll do too good in Europe and close enough to Switch in America for the Japanese advantage to mean a pure win, plus they have way more stock)

monocle_layton said:
DonFerrari said:

Free game? That's not needed at all. The momentum the Switch has sustained is ridiculous. What was considered 'overpriced' has sold at a pace beyond what the switch haters expected. 

The Switch has hype leading into its first Holiday with a new and fresh Mario game. Don't be surprised if the Switch is this year's hot item on everyone (and I mean everyone's) wish list

There always could appear some deal, it will depend on how much they want to push, but I don't expect one.

Ka-pi96 said:
SKMBlake said:
Why are you talking about ww sales for the black friday ? It's mostly in North America,

Mostly, yes. But it has spread a lot to Europe in the last couple of years.

Yeah, they will sell PS4 Slim at 270€ and pretending it's a huge price drop. That's wat black friday looks like in Europe.