Forums - Gaming Discussion - BLACK FRIDAY: who will win of the big 3?

Since Mario Odyssey is doing well in Europe, I wonder if that will finally get some serious momentum for Switch there. That could be the deciding factor between PS4 and NS.

Around the Network

Switch at $360 on Amazon was still beating PS4 on Amazon so maybe price isn't the be all and end all.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
Switch at $360 on Amazon was still beating PS4 on Amazon so maybe price isn't the be all and end all.

It's a combination of price and value perception. If people see a lot of value in a product even if it costs more, then they will buy that product.

Either Switch or PS4, though I think Switch is the more likely winner if the stock is their, which it seems like their might be. Though I feel that with XB1X coming out this year all three companies will have good sales regardless of who wins.

Aura7541 said:
peachbuggy said:

It's a combination of price and value perception. If people see a lot of value in a product even if it costs more, then they will buy that product.

Yeh that's exactly my point about the price. Switch was doing pretty good on Amazon despite being OVER rrp!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

I'm absolutely shocked that people have Switch winning BF in the US. We have sub-$200 PS4's and Xbox One's, with a game or two packed in. Some xbox's have an extra controller, and some PS4's are even one terabyte. Even 3DS has a chance of outselling Switch, since Pokemon will come out just a week before, and it will have deep cut in price, unlike the Switch.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

SpokenTruth said:
Lawlight said:

You asked for a console in demand that did not win.

I said high demand.

The PS4 was not in high demand in 2014 or 2016?

Aura7541 said:
peachbuggy said:

Do we have an adept of the marginal utility theory ? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Lawlight said:
SpokenTruth said:

I said high demand.

The PS4 was not in high demand in 2014 or 2016?

Apparently not...or it was limited by supply, which I also mentioned.

Your entire premise plays out like this:

"I am Market Group A and I really, really, really want console A but hey, Market Group B tells me console B is reduced in price so I'm not going to buy the Market Group A targeted console I actually wanted."

If you have two very different consoles with high demand for both, the price difference between them is irrelevant.  Now the price difference between PS4 and Xbox One matters a bit.  Their target markets overlap a lot more making price a more considerable factor.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

The real question is, will Nintendo have enough units to sell? If the answer is yes, then I'll pick them to win Black Friday. I don't think they'll have the stock though...

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC