By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BLACK FRIDAY: who will win of the big 3?

The real question is, will Nintendo have enough units to sell? If the answer is yes, then I'll pick them to win Black Friday. I don't think they'll have the stock though...

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Lawlight said:

The PS4 was not in high demand in 2014 or 2016?

Apparently not...or it was limited by supply, which I also mentioned.

Your entire premise plays out like this:

"I am Market Group A and I really, really, really want console A but hey, Market Group B tells me console B is reduced in price so I'm not going to buy the Market Group A targeted

console I actually wanted."

If you have two very different consoles with high demand for both, the price difference between them is irrelevant.  Now the price difference between PS4 and Xbox One matters a bit.  Their target markets overlap a lot more making price a more considerable factor.

Makes little sense as you assume there’s no overlapping between Switch and PS4 buyers. You’re also assuming that there are as many people who have $300 to spend on a console as there people who have $400 to spend on a console. So price does matter.

Finally, most a logical perspective, saying the PS4 wasn’t in high demand in 2014 is just comical.

PenguinZ said:
The real question is, will Nintendo have enough units to sell? If the answer is yes, then I'll pick them to win Black Friday. I don't think they'll have the stock though...

Unless they're lying about shipping 9m+ Switches from now to March, then they have enough stock, and it's safe to say they have enough demand, so it all comes down to the allocation of stock. However I just looked at 3DS first holidays sales, and it didn't start pulling a million per week until December. This could show that Nintendo doesn't value Black Friday as much, atleast during a system's first year, but it's also possible 3DS demand wasn't high enough yet.

Ps4 imo.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

The Switch, i'm fairly certain. It's got a great exclusive line up, competitive price and lots of relevancy going into the holidays.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

Are you talking global or US? Anyways I'm doing global so:

PS4
Switch
Xbox one

Paul said:
2ds loaded with zelda $80 winner winner chicken dinner. I see 20,000 units sold minimum.

Was this bundle even a thing? Didn't see it anywhere. My 20,000 prediction will be way off if it wasn't available.

Paul said:
Paul said:
2ds loaded with zelda $80 winner winner chicken dinner. I see 20,000 units sold minimum.

Was this bundle even a thing? Didn't see it anywhere. My 20,000 prediction will be way off if it wasn't available.

They had them at Target when I was there Thanksgiving day

Nogamez said:
Are you talking global or US? Anyways I'm doing global so:

PS4
Switch
Xbox one

Globally in the US.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Turns out the real battle this year will be who took 2nd place.