By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PUBG is an “XBO console exclusive”

LudicrousSpeed said:
How is "console launch exclusive" a Microsoft phrase when Sony uses "exclusive console debut"? I mean, it's hilarious how while in a rush to attack one company, some people on the internets fail to see these are two sides of the same coin. I mean you have a situation here where MS is paying for a games development, handling marketing, and apparently networking (I read somewhere the game is switching to Azure, could be wrong though) and they're even assisting in development with their own staff, yet they cannot advertise a version of the game that will forever be exclusive to Xbox One as a console exclusive LOL. Never change, Chartz.

MS has been getting increasingly more confusing and deceptive with their wording about exclusives. Nintendo and Sony don’t do that, or at least not even close to what MS does. Started with RotTR saying it was “coming exclusively to XBO in 2017”. The internet went nuts over the confusion and cornered MS until Phil Spencer admitted it wasn’t a permanent exclusive afterall. 

MS was a bit ridiculous this E3 with their use of the word exclusive as well. And I was just listening to either gamescoop or podcast beyond recently, and Allanah Pearce—who is primarily a member of the Xbox podcast “Podcast Unlocked” with Ryan McCaffrey—poked fun at MS’s confusing messaging about exclusives, and actually mentioned how Sony doesn’t do that like MS does. I’ll try to find the video. EDIT:  13:43 of the video:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yguYNylhSIo

Nintendo and Sony certainly have their own stuff, but MS takes the cake on this one. 

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 03 November 2017

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
'cause it's not true really exclusive, just exclusive, you need to keep up with MS PR boy!

Touché, sir. 

Chrizum said:
Sad to see Microsoft losing sight of what's important. 360 was a great system, but MS seems to not care at all about the One. It's probably the worst console since the Saturn.

I love my Xbox one. 

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

pitzy272 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
How is "console launch exclusive" a Microsoft phrase when Sony uses "exclusive console debut"? I mean, it's hilarious how while in a rush to attack one company, some people on the internets fail to see these are two sides of the same coin. I mean you have a situation here where MS is paying for a games development, handling marketing, and apparently networking (I read somewhere the game is switching to Azure, could be wrong though) and they're even assisting in development with their own staff, yet they cannot advertise a version of the game that will forever be exclusive to Xbox One as a console exclusive LOL. Never change, Chartz.

MS has been getting increasingly more confusing and deceptive with their wording about exclusives. Nintendo and Sony don’t do that, or at least not even close to what MS does. Started with RotTR saying it was “coming exclusively to XBO in 2017”. The internet went nuts over the confusion and cornered MS until Phil Spencer admitted it wasn’t a permanent exclusive afterall. 

MS was a bit ridiculous this E3 with their use of the word exclusive as well. And I was just listening to either gamescoop or podcast beyond recently, and Allanah Pearce—who is primarily a member of the Xbox podcast “Podcast Unlocked” with Ryan McCaffrey—poked fun at MS’s confusing messaging about exclusives, and actually mentioned how Sony doesn’t do that like MS does. I’ll try to find the video. EDIT:  13:43 of the video:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yguYNylhSIo

Nintendo and Sony certainly have their own stuff, but MS takes the cake on this one. 

Except they do. They pointed out how SFV is console exclusive all the time, it's even on the box. And I already pointed out how Sony in this gen has used the term exclusive console debut, which literally means the exact same thing as when MS says console launch exclusive. Yet only when MS does it is it something inherently evil, and only when MS does it is there "confusion".

To be debating this around PUBG makes it even sillier, because we all know it's coming to PS4. Just not the early access/game preview edition, that's an Xbone console exclusive. Sony doesn't have nearly as strong as a foothold in that department as MS, idk if it's some policies they have or what. But why would you penalize a company for good marketing, lol. I wouldn't shit on Sony for marketing that god awful Destiny 2 exclusive content. Shit on the act itself, sure. But PR gonna PR.

Microsoft literally told you PUBG was only console exclusive for its launch, right when they revealed the game :)

V-r0cK said:
I couldn't care less about this game on console. The fanbase is mainly on PC and if I were to play it that's where I'd go; just like Overwatch and Counter-Strike.

And common guys.... let Xbox have this one ;P

Well right now 100% of the fanbase is on PC :P

For people that are upset they can always play Fortnite, the battle royale mode is basically identical. 

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:
Chrizum said:
Sad to see Microsoft losing sight of what's important. 360 was a great system, but MS seems to not care at all about the One. It's probably the worst console since the Saturn.

I love my Xbox one. 

I'm sure, as many people do. I'm sorry, I worded it akwardly as obviously Xbox One is a quality system and has lots of good quality games.

But I consider it to have the least competitive library since probably the Saturn. It's just my opinion for what it's worth (nothing), but I feel MS doesn't really try with Xbox One compared to 360 software wise. They are slacking. I felt the need to switch from 360 to PS4 instead of One and I hope they get their shit together because this industry needs competition to thrive.

Chrizum said:
hudsoniscool said:

I love my Xbox one. 

I'm sure, as many people do. I'm sorry, I worded it akwardly as obviously Xbox One is a quality system and has lots of good quality games.

But I consider it to have the least competitive library since probably the Saturn. It's just my opinion for what it's worth (nothing), but I feel MS doesn't really try with Xbox One compared to 360 software wise. They are slacking. I felt the need to switch from 360 to PS4 instead of One and I hope they get their shit together because this industry needs competition to thrive.

Xbox One easily has a better library than Wii U..... and thats not really disputable

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

People have been questioning the definition of an exclusive the very second Microsoft came into the console industry. The very first Xbox had the same issue.

flashfire926 said:
Chrizum said:

Xbox One easily has a better library than Wii U..... and thats not really disputable

As a console Nintendo loses to Microsoft purely because consoles denotes in this era that third party rules. Micorsoft is the most reliant console maker on third party. If nintnedo lacks it, they lose. The problem is the switch will get Wii U games ported and will reflect exactly what the Wii U set out to do and more. The switch in its hybrid nature  also have third party support and they've already put the Xbox in danger of having the worst quality exclusive  library (in general)in their first year.

Last edited by S.T.A.G.E. - on 03 November 2017

S.T.A.G.E. said:
flashfire926 said:

As a console Nintendo loses to Microsoft purely because consoles denotes in this era that third party rules. Micorsoft is the most reliant console maker on third party. If nintnedo lacks it, they lose. The problem is the switch will get Wii U games ported and will reflect exactly what the Wii U set out to do and more. They will also have third party support.

To the bolded, I disagree. Switch has a much better library in its first 8 months than the X1 had in its first 8 months.

And no, Nintendo can be successful without third party, its just that the Nintendo's own output for Wii U wasnt nearly as good as it is with switch, or wii, or gamecube. Games like New Super Mario Bros U, Wii Party U, Animal Crossing Amiibo festival, Star fox zero, Paper Mario color splash, along with some other games just werent thaat good.

Switch is on fire, and it's 2017 output is much better than xbox's 2017 output, even including third party imo.

The Wii U third party was gimped ports, not much else. Switch will also get gimped ports, but there are two upsides. First is portability, and exchanging a few features for portability will be fine with many people. Second, the Switch has a better architecture and considerably better cpu power than the Wii U, so third party ports will be less gimped than before, since the Switch is closer to the PS4/XONE than Wii U. We will also have cases like doom, where you get the whole game, just with a bit weaker graphics.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.