By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PUBG is an “XBO console exclusive”

The loops and hoops we go to say MS didn't made anything wrong.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Sad to see Microsoft losing sight of what's important. 360 was a great system, but MS seems to not care at all about the One. It's probably the worst console since the Saturn.

DonFerrari said:

It is a little shady and I'd like a market where 3rd party exclusives didn't exist at all. That isn't the world we live in. The fact is, they didn't say anything wrong. It's clearly a different version that's going to be priced and released as such. There are no hoops. Just 2 separate products.

Chrizum said:
Sad to see Microsoft losing sight of what's important. 360 was a great system, but MS seems to not care at all about the One. It's probably the worst console since the Saturn.

The XBox 1 has sold 30 mil  how is that worse than the saturn? 

Both Dead Rising 4 And RotTR were originally listed as “console exclusives” as well. PUBG will be console exclusive to XBO while it’s in its early access phase, but just like games like We Happy Few, it will launch on PS4 at full release.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
DonFerrari said:

It is a little shady and I'd like a market where 3rd party exclusives didn't exist at all. That isn't the world we live in. The fact is, they didn't say anything wrong. It's clearly a different version that's going to be priced and released as such. There are no hoops. Just 2 separate products.

The way they announced and how it's in their page is certainly deceptive and going to far.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

I couldn't care less about this game on console. The fanbase is mainly on PC and if I were to play it that's where I'd go; just like Overwatch and Counter-Strike.

And common guys.... let Xbox have this one ;P

Hiku said:
Azzanation said:

No the meaning of console exclusive means a game not available on any other console. Thats what makes PUBG a console exclusive *until* it launches on another console.

A console exclusive is a label used when there are no current plans to release the game on any other system. And certainly not when plans to release it for other consoles has already been announced:
"Kim also stated that a PlayStation 4 version is planned; Bluehole's head of global business Woonghee Cho stated that because of Microsoft's assistance and suggestions for supporting Battlegrounds, the title would be a timed console exclusive for the Xbox One."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayerUnknown%27s_Battlegrounds

Microsoft introduced the term "console launch exclusive" for those situations. To distinguish the difference between a temporary and permanent situation.

This is Microsoft's own term, so don't claim that the community changing the meaning of the terms. Microsoft established a difference between permanent and timed exclusives by using this term.

Your argument seems to be that they can claim that PUBG a console exclusive until it is announced for other platforms. But even if that were the case (and it seems not to be, because a PS4 version has been announced) Phil also labeled a bunch of games that already were announced for other systems such as PS4 as "console exclusive" at E3. And they labeled PUBG using both terms at E3. They are absolutely mixing up the terms.

The only ones complaining about this are those wanting this game on there platform of choice. MS doesnt need to give a damn about there compeititors or gamers uninterested in there platforms. They paid for this game so they can market it as theres until the deal is done. As of right now PUBG is a console exclusive to Xbox because its not on any other console. Call it a Timed or a launch. Thats on you.

Just FYI, it's their**, not there.
And I have no personal interest in PUBG, nor do I find it neccesary to 'want' it on PS4, as it's obviously going to appear on it later, because MS have not announced that they bought the full rights. It's easy to try to discredit people's opinions on false advertising as nothing but envy with baseless accusations.

Your still wrong. And I will explain why.

A Console Exclusive is a game that is exclusive to that console. It always meant that.

e.g. - I walk into a Gaming store wanting to buy PUBG. I check the Switch and PS4 shelves, not available on either, I check the Xbox One shelf and its available for purchase. That is a Console Exclusive, that has always been that way. That term has never changed.

MS are supporting and paying for this game so they can use any term they want for it; in this case they are using Console Exclusive. They don’t have to say it’s a timed exclusive or launch exclusive. That’s up to them if they want to do it. As long as there not misleading by saying the game is a permanent exclusive and 1 year later comes to PS4/Switch than that will be a different story.

In this case MS choose to use Console Exclusive because it’s not on any other platform on launch, it could be a 6 month timed or a 10 year timed, that’s no one else’s business aside from MS and BlueHole games.

We all know the game will come to other platforms however we cannot say it’s not a console exclusive because it is. The gaming community needs to understand the meaning and not assume that these terms have rules in place.  The meaning makes perfect sense.

Also I couldn’t care less of your spell checking. Any one that corrects spelling in a debate shows signs of desperation. Hence why I don’t care or check on others.

I am also not into PUBG and I couldn’t care less if its exclusive to Xbox.

Azzanation said:
Hiku said:

A console exclusive is a label used when there are no current plans to release the game on any other system. And certainly not when plans to release it for other consoles has already been announced:
"Kim also stated that a PlayStation 4 version is planned; Bluehole's head of global business Woonghee Cho stated that because of Microsoft's assistance and suggestions for supporting Battlegrounds, the title would be a timed console exclusive for the Xbox One."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayerUnknown%27s_Battlegrounds

Microsoft introduced the term "console launch exclusive" for those situations. To distinguish the difference between a temporary and permanent situation.

This is Microsoft's own term, so don't claim that the community changing the meaning of the terms. Microsoft established a difference between permanent and timed exclusives by using this term.

Your argument seems to be that they can claim that PUBG a console exclusive until it is announced for other platforms. But even if that were the case (and it seems not to be, because a PS4 version has been announced) Phil also labeled a bunch of games that already were announced for other systems such as PS4 as "console exclusive" at E3. And they labeled PUBG using both terms at E3. They are absolutely mixing up the terms.

The only ones complaining about this are those wanting this game on there platform of choice. MS doesnt need to give a damn about there compeititors or gamers uninterested in there platforms. They paid for this game so they can market it as theres until the deal is done. As of right now PUBG is a console exclusive to Xbox because its not on any other console. Call it a Timed or a launch. Thats on you.

Just FYI, it's their**, not there.
And I have no personal interest in PUBG, nor do I find it neccesary to 'want' it on PS4, as it's obviously going to appear on it later, because MS have not announced that they bought the full rights. It's easy to try to discredit people's opinions on false advertising as nothing but envy with baseless accusations.

Your still wrong. And I will explain why.

A Console Exclusive is a game that is exclusive to that console. It always meant that.

e.g. - I walk into a Gaming store wanting to buy PUBG. I check the Switch and PS4 shelves, not available on either, I check the Xbox One shelf and its available for purchase. That is a Console Exclusive, that has always been that way. That term has never changed.

MS are supporting and paying for this game so they can use any term they want for it; in this case they are using Console Exclusive. They don’t have to say it’s a timed exclusive or launch exclusive. That’s up to them if they want to do it. As long as there not misleading by saying the game is a permanent exclusive and 1 year later comes to PS4/Switch than that will be a different story.

In this case MS choose to use Console Exclusive because it’s not on any other platform on launch, it could be a 6 month timed or a 10 year timed, that’s no one else’s business aside from MS and BlueHole games.

We all know the game will come to other platforms however we cannot say it’s not a console exclusive because it is. The gaming community needs to understand the meaning and not assume that these terms have rules in place.  The meaning makes perfect sense.

Also I couldn’t care less of your spell checking. Any one that corrects spelling in a debate shows signs of desperation. Hence why I don’t care or check on others.

I am also not into PUBG and I couldn’t care less if its exclusive to Xbox.

But you needed to defend it anyway right?

How is "console launch exclusive" a Microsoft phrase when Sony uses "exclusive console debut"? I mean, it's hilarious how while in a rush to attack one company, some people on the internets fail to see these are two sides of the same coin. I mean you have a situation here where MS is paying for a games development, handling marketing, and apparently networking (I read somewhere the game is switching to Azure, could be wrong though) and they're even assisting in development with their own staff, yet they cannot advertise a version of the game that will forever be exclusive to Xbox One as a console exclusive LOL. Never change, Chartz.