By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Turkish Media is reporting about "2" attackers!

What suggestions do the pro truck control bring to the table? If something falls favorably in a cost benefit analysis I'd be glad to support it but I am not personally aware of any proposals which do so.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
What suggestions do the pro truck control bring to the table? If something falls favorably in a cost benefit analysis I'd be glad to support it but I am not personally aware of any proposals which do so.

I have a suggestion.  I was anti driverless cars but it becomes very obvious in the USA that people can't fucking drive.  Hardly anyone pays attention to the road these days focusing on their fucking phones.  Perhaps people should be banned from driving because barely anyone can fucking do it these days.  Too much important shit going on their phone to warrant looking up at the road.  Even if they are looking at the road they are too stupid to realize easy shit like a dedicated turn lane.  Nope just keep sitting there wanting to turn and please don't realize you have a full fucking dedicated turn lane in front of you.

SpokenTruth said:
sethnintendo said:

I have a suggestion.  I was anti driverless cars but it becomes very obvious in the USA that people can't fucking drive.  Hardly anyone pays attention to the road these days focusing on their fucking phones.  Perhaps people should be banned from driving because barely anyone can fucking do it these days.  Too much important shit going on their phone to warrant looking up at the road.

While certainly a problem, I can assure you they couldn't fucking drive even before cell phones.

I blame old people and foreigners.   Asian women behind the wheel are almost more dangerous than a drunk driver.

SpokenTruth said:
irstupid said:

Hard to legally drive a truck maybe, but one can easily get one through other means, not register, no license, no insurance, ect.

I purchased my first car from a neighbor with cash. I took it down and registered it in my name, purchased car insurance and have my license to drive it. But I could have easily not done any of those things and just drove it until I got caught. Or drove it headlong into a concert of people killing them.

There ar elots of people out driving without insurance or licenses today.

But you don't see anybody in Congress using that as reason to not bother with obligating insurance and licenses.  With guns, Congress and the NRA claim that people will not follow the law so why bother.

To me it makes sense to have someone take a gun test like they do a driving test. I had gun safety when I was younger. Believe my license still says something on the back to that effect as well. Looked and it indeed says firearm certificate. (FYI, I own zero guns) Makes sense to have some sort of training before you are given somethign that could harm others. A driver test and its insurance is not for you, it is for others on the road.

But just like drivers tests and insurance, I don't beleive for a moment that this test would stop anything. People without licenses would still get themselves a gun, just as people have cars that aren't registered and they have licenses. A gun test doesn't magically guarantee that everyone with a gun has taken it. Hell everyone I know that owns a gun (hunters) has their firearm certificate like me. I'm gonna go on a limb and say most gun owners who commit crime/murder/ect do not have their certificate.

This Vegas guy was millionaire. It doesn' take a millionaire to get a gun from teh black market. Do you really think anything could have stopped him from getting these guns? If there were limits on type or quanity or anything, he woudl just no longer do it the legal way and go illegal.

Ka-pi96 said:
SpokenTruth said:

And I suppose christianity was spread with gold, frankincense and myrrh?

You may think comparing one bunch of violent nutjobs to another bunch of violent nutjobs makes the first ones look peaceful, but it really doesn't.

Yeah, I thought it was weird they were using the "But, but, but..... Christians did the same thing before"argument! I'm like, how does that argue against Islam not being a death cult? xD

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Yeah, I thought it was weird they were using the "But, but, but..... Christians did the same thing before"argument! I'm like, how does that argue against Islam not being a death cult? xD

Because it's not.  And it's intellectually dishonest or willful ignorance to proclaim as such.

Just because you want them to be a death cult so you can validate your own hate doesn't mean they are.

Yeah, I wasn't saying Islam is a death cult or anything, was just saying that it's odd to counter someone else's argument of it being one by saying Christianity has murdered people as well.

I don't think Islam is a death cult, the actions of a minority shouldn't be representative of all of Islam.

Someone asked where the us/west will bomb next. Cant find the person now. My answer.

There where it is necessary. If any country in the world does not fit with our society or try to change our society and way of life it will get the answer. If there are no reasons, we will find reasons. Is it unfair? Yes. Is it necessary for us to survive? A yes too for that one.

Machiavellism is the ideology what we are following.

SpokenTruth said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Fine, continue spreading lies and misinformation. Don't start crying when you get attacked by some islamist though...

Will do.  But I'm far more worried about white men with guns.

How do you react to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg

http://assets.pewresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2013/04/gsi2-overview-1.png

sethnintendo said:
sundin13 said:

I have a suggestion.  I was anti driverless cars but it becomes very obvious in the USA that people can't fucking drive.  Hardly anyone pays attention to the road these days focusing on their fucking phones.  Perhaps people should be banned from driving because barely anyone can fucking do it these days.  Too much important shit going on their phone to warrant looking up at the road.  Even if they are looking at the road they are too stupid to realize easy shit like a dedicated turn lane.  Nope just keep sitting there wanting to turn and please don't realize you have a full fucking dedicated turn lane in front of you.

Unfortunately, that is sort of an impossibility. While I support driverless car technology, you can't ask every adult in America to get rid of their current car (which now has no resale value) and go out and spend maybe $50,000 on a new driverless car, which is still sort of unproven technology.

On the other hand, I would be interested in a rollout of a mandate for all cars to contain technology which stops the car (or takes over control) if it deems that your driving is unsafe. If you drive up on the sidewalk, the car stops and calls the cops on you. That said, this wouldn't do anything about all the cars on the market and I'm not even really sure how technically possible it would be.

"probably "