By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 67.5M PS4 shipped. 4.2M in Q2. Forecast for FY raised

DonFerrari said:
Miyamotoo said:

I dont manipulate at all, like this gay wrote "every Mediamarkt essentially operates on its own (disregarding nationwide special deals and fixed prices set by top-management). If you had two Mediamarkt in the same road, they still could show different prices/different deals", and thats where different when you have oficial bundle on something like Amazon.

Again, show me link of that offer on mediamarkt.nl.

Still waiting for any relevance that mediamarkt.nl is the deciding factor... you already lost the argument and everyone see what is an official pricecut and what is a dealer deal.

You are the one fighting your own definitions to somewhat make PS4 unnoficial deals mean pricecuts and Switch unnoficial deals mean inexistent.

I never said that "PS4 unnoficial deals mean pricecuts", again, despite ofical price of $300 you can regulary (you constantly have sales and deals for PS4) buy PS4 at lower price point or much higher value bundle for same MSRP of $300 (like 1TB bundle with one game), and thats a fact, but you have some kind problem with that.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
DonFerrari said:

Still waiting for any relevance that mediamarkt.nl is the deciding factor... you already lost the argument and everyone see what is an official pricecut and what is a dealer deal.

You are the one fighting your own definitions to somewhat make PS4 unnoficial deals mean pricecuts and Switch unnoficial deals mean inexistent.

I never said that "PS4 unnoficial deals mean pricecuts", again, despite ofical price of $300 you can regulary (you constantly have sales and deals for PS4) buy PS4 at lower price point or much higher value bundle for same MSRP of $300, and thats a fact, but you have some kind problem with that.

And you suddenly compared that to Switch that just released... and when showed it can already be bought for less you started not believing.

And again X1 could be bought for less than MSRP very close to launch, no one called that a pricecut.

Also as other provided you when pricecuts are announced the deals will also get lower.

The sales of PS4 are most likely to rise once it get to 199.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Miyamotoo said:

I never said that "PS4 unnoficial deals mean pricecuts", again, despite ofical price of $300 you can regulary (you constantly have sales and deals for PS4) buy PS4 at lower price point or much higher value bundle for same MSRP of $300, and thats a fact, but you have some kind problem with that.

And you suddenly compared that to Switch that just released... and when showed it can already be bought for less you started not believing.

And again X1 could be bought for less than MSRP very close to launch, no one called that a pricecut.

Also as other provided you when pricecuts are announced the deals will also get lower.

But I also didnt call that pricecut, I just bringed obvous (despite ofical price of $300 you can regulary (you constantly have sales and deals for PS4) buy PS4 at lower price point or much higher value bundle for same MSRP of $300, and thats a fact). :)

In moment of price cut it will raise offcourse, but before that price cut sales will maybe already be in decline so price cut doesn't mean it will sell better than this year.

Also you went from MSRP $300 to $199. :)

Miyamotoo said:
DonFerrari said:

But I also didnt call that pricecut, I just bringed obvous (despite ofical price of $300 you can regulary (you constantly have sales and deals for PS4) buy PS4 at lower price point or much higher value bundle for same MSRP of $300, and thats a fact). :)

In moment of price cut it will raise offcourse, but before that price cut sales will maybe already be in decline so price cut doesn't mean it will sell better than this year.

Almost anything can be constantly found below MSRP, even Switch, crazy isn't it?

You have trying to deflect the fact that PS4 had little PRICECUT since the begining and still haven't conceded.

It may be, may not be. Why would one think Sony would wait for sales to decrease severely before cutting the price? Sony said multiple times they weren't cutting the price at that the moment because the sales were good (they are still being up YOY since the begining of the gen) and Kaz said also that the main focus of PS was to increase userbase. So I have little reason to doubt they will cut it at the right moment to increase sales and not only to counter a plummeting.

I went from 299 to 199, why not? Does the fact that PS4 launched at 399 and had 2 pricecuts of 50 make a 100 pricecut impossible?

Funny enough when another poster answered to you to have the pricecut at 199 you pretended it would still not have a sales spike. Why would Sony make a pricecut to 249 that is what the deals are already selling at? They would only if the need for a cut is small enough. If they can increase again just by going to 249 they will, and that will make it even more likely that they will later go for 199 and not peak at 249.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Miyamotoo said:

Almost anything can be constantly found below MSRP, even Switch, crazy isn't it?

You have trying to deflect the fact that PS4 had little PRICECUT since the begining and still haven't conceded.

It may be, may not be. Why would one think Sony would wait for sales to decrease severely before cutting the price? Sony said multiple times they weren't cutting the price at that the moment because the sales were good (they are still being up YOY since the begining of the gen) and Kaz said also that the main focus of PS was to increase userbase. So I have little reason to doubt they will cut it at the right moment to increase sales and not only to counter a plummeting.

I went from 299 to 199, why not? Does the fact that PS4 launched at 399 and had 2 pricecuts of 50 make a 100 pricecut impossible?

Funny enough when another poster answered to you to have the pricecut at 199 you pretended it would still not have a sales spike. Why would Sony make a pricecut to 249 that is what the deals are already selling at? They would only if the need for a cut is small enough. If they can increase again just by going to 249 they will, and that will make it even more likely that they will later go for 199 and not peak at 249.

It can, but there is difference when something can be, and when something regularly is for quiet time now.

We dont know that, I said maybe, you cant be sure that year with price cut will be peak year for PS4.

It's not impossible, but going from $300 to $200 is not usually, but maybe they will because you can for quite time now almost everywhere buy PS4 below $300.

And I will again say, price cut doesn't automatically means peak year in sales.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
DonFerrari said:

I never said that "PS4 unnoficial deals mean pricecuts", again, despite ofical price of $300 you can regulary (you constantly have sales and deals for PS4) buy PS4 at lower price point or much higher value bundle for same MSRP of $300 (like 1TB bundle with one game), and thats a fact, but you have some kind problem with that.

Jesus I'm getting dizzy from all the spin. Just stop. Every thread you are on you try to downplay the massively successful ps4 sales. 

What's the big deal if ps4 regularly gets deals under it's official price? You think ps3, 360 and ps2 rtf didn't? Of course they did and so does the Xbox one. Switch will too. 

Miyamotoo said:
DonFerrari said:

It can, but there is difference when something can be, and when something regularly is for quiet time now.

We dont know that, I said maybe, you cant be sure that year with price cut will be peak year for PS4.

It's not impossible, but going from $300 to $200 is not usually, but maybe they will because you can for quite time now almost everywhere buy PS4 below $300.

And I will again say, price cut doesn't automatically means peak year in sales.

You love to discuss what isn't being said to deflect from what was said right?

If the system with stock shortages can get deals in less than 6 months, it will become common very fast. Go daily search around the globe and I'm sure you'll find deals every week.

We don't, but the way you phrase it you make like it's less likely to be up. It's unusual to cut from 299 to 199 because you said so? You had any issues with MS cuting from 499 to 399 and to 299?

Those are great numbers, next financial year will be strong too, video games division in Sony has it's great sales strategies
Next challenge will be a successful lunch to the Ps5 (I think they will do a good job there also), congrats to Sony for the continued success

Congrats PS4. When PS4 gets cheaper. Asian markets will take over.

Oh and XD

NoCtiS_NoX said:

Congrats PS4. When PS4 gets cheaper. Asian markets will take over.

Oh and XD

I see what you done here =p