By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - My Nintendo Switch prediction (made in January) is still looking strong

Back in January, what was your opinion about this prediction?

Absolutely crazy 8 25.00%

Not impossible, but absolutely bold. 7 21.88%

probabily about right, but a bit too much 2 6.25%

very close to what i predicted 9 28.13%

i predicted even more tha... 1 3.13%

You was / still are crazy... 5 15.63%

Total:32

Predictions for 2018? Nice. I go with:-

Q1          3.2
      Q2          4.4 (LABO!)
      Q3          4.4 (Animal Crossing?)
      Q4          9.2 (Big holiday title but not pokemon)
TOTAL:- 21.2M

Last edited by peachbuggy - on 31 January 2018

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
peachbuggy said:

Q1          3.2
      Q2          4.4 (LABO!)

What is your guess for big holiday title if not Animal Crossing or Pokemon?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Awesome prediction. I am going for 20 million for 2018. So I expect total sales to be close to 35 million by the end of the year. I kinda wish I knew what the holiday title was this year though. Last year I knew it was Mario Odyssey but I have no clue what it could be. That can throw my predictions off. I am just going to conservative with my estimates.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:
Awesome prediction. I am going for 20 million for 2018. So I expect total sales to be close to 35 million by the end of the year. I kinda wish I knew what the holiday title was this year though. Last year I knew it was Mario Odyssey but I have no clue what it could be. That can throw my predictions off. I am just going to conservative with my estimates.

Animal Crossing+Smash Bros Deluxe could be a good 1-2 punch for holidays.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
killeryoshis said:

Animal Crossing+Smash Bros Deluxe could be a good 1-2 punch for holidays.

The problem isn't is what title can make the holidays big. The question is what is the size of the holiday numbers.  Depending on th game we could have a 2 to 3 million difference. Probably more. 

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

I know that I predicted the Switch would fail and sell under 3 million units in its first year because no one should want one except the fanboys. Nintendo should have stuck with the AMD Semi Custom design win. But then I gave it some more thought, and if you think about it, these sales are stupidly obvious and predictable given market growth thanks to PS4. Then when you consider that, these sales are actually quite disappointing. Sales should be much much higher, it didn’t even manage to beat the PS4, which is highly disappointing.

Honestly, this is not good news for Nintendo at all, and worse news for the fans for not getting the AMD Semi Custom design win console that they were obviously planning before given all the evidence.

Februfools! No one is THAT stupid to actually think like that :)

Last edited by Jumpin - on 31 January 2018

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

zorg1000 said:
peachbuggy said:

Q1          3.2
      Q2          4.4 (LABO!)

What is your guess for big holiday title if not Animal Crossing or Pokemon?

Well i figured we would get Pokemon OR metroid for holidays 2018. So, if Metroid, it may not be enough, so in tandem with 2D Mario, or Mario Party, Or even a "Wii" style series, Probably party again.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Metroid or Pokemon is the difference between a game that will sell closer to 2 million or closer to 20 million. And they’re also different audiences. They could release them both alongside each other.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.