By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - On November 7th, I will own my fifth Xbox One console.

At least now we know how they still sell those things when I don’t know anyone who even owns one. Granted I’m living in Central Europe which is pretty much Sony country and a lot of people own PCs here.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 29 October 2017

Around the Network

XBOX ONE X !!!!!!!!!!!!

In japan you alone could make a significant difference on a weekly basis.

Errorist76 said:

At least now we know how they still sell those things when I don’t know anyone who even owns one. Granted I’m living in Central Europe which is pretty much Sony country and a lot of people own PCs here.

I have yet to meet anyone that owns a PS4. besides the ones we have at work. and i live in the USA.  Doesnt mean anything.  Glad to know you have no interest in Xbox except to comment on something pertaining to Xbox.  

LivingMetal said:
You should have donated your money to a charity after the second Xbox purchase.

I donate to a lot of "go fund me" fundraisers and I've helped a lot of people out locally when they were in need. I even bought a (still active!) Vgchatz user an Xbox 360 several years ago when he said his broke just before the release of some big game. 

*pats self on back*

Around the Network

I was going to leave a super snarky comment, but honestly hope you're OK with these purchases, because it may very well get unhealthy, if it isn't already.

I went through a period of depression for a couple years and was buying a lot of stuff, though mainly movies and games.
There was a point at which I bought a 4K TV and PS4 Pro pretty much out of the blue, and I knew that I had to get better or I would be fucked long term.

It seems like some of these purchases were for other people at least, but you may want to move on to something less costly for socializing.
I do baking, but maybe exercising, DnD or whatever community you fancy. I know I was buying stuff to overcompensate and I found this helped.

Tulipanzo said:

I was going to leave a super snarky comment, but honestly hope you're OK with these purchases, because it may very well get unhealthy, if it isn't already.

I went through a period of depression for a couple years and was buying a lot of stuff, though mainly movies and games.
There was a point at which I bought a 4K TV and PS4 Pro pretty much out of the blue, and I knew that I had to get better or I would be fucked long term.

It seems like some of these purchases were for other people at least, but you may want to move on to something less costly for socializing.
I do baking, but maybe exercising, DnD or whatever community you fancy. I know I was buying stuff to overcompensate and I found this helped.

Thanks for the advice. 

With that money you could of just built a monster PC.

But who am I to talk; I have 5, 3DS family units.

Fei-Hung said:
Everyone has that thing where they have to buy something. I had an issue with watches, jackets, trainers and aftershaves.

At one point I owned over 50 bottles of aftershave, some worth £200 a bottle.

My watch obsession led to go owning almost a dozen watches, a couple worth almost £5k each.

Jackets I had almost 2 dozens off with the average cost being £500.

The point is, it's not as bad you think, it could be worse and as long as you're happy and it's not affecting you in a bad way, it's okay.

What the hell do you do for a living??? That's clearly job goals.

Fei-Hung said:
Everyone has that thing where they have to buy something. I had an issue with watches, jackets, trainers and aftershaves.

At one point I owned over 50 bottles of aftershave, some worth £200 a bottle.

My watch obsession led to go owning almost a dozen watches, a couple worth almost £5k each.

Jackets I had almost 2 dozens off with the average cost being £500.

The point is, it's not as bad you think, it could be worse and as long as you're happy and it's not affecting you in a bad way, it's okay.

Don't know how I missed this post. I agree. There's people in my town who buy thousands of dollars worth of guns and then just lock them in a display case. I make sure every single bill is paid before I "waste" a penny so at least there's that. I don't have any relatively bad habits like smoking, drinking, etc so things could be worse.

baloofarsan said:
d21lewis said:
In a way, it's pretty sad.

Oh, and don't get me wrong. I'm well adjusted, have friends, people who admire me, and I live a very productive and fulfilling life. It's just that, sometimes I look at my collection--stuff that makes me really happy--and I feel really sad.

I am not really sure why you feel sad. I could almost be your father (58 birthday soon) but gaming is my most beloved hobby.

When my kids grew up in the 80s and 90s I provided them with PCs and consoles and games as much as I could. They had fun, I had fun and occasionally even my wife joined in. Our house was, like yours, often full of kids that played games. We had all kinds of consoles and games, Nintendo, Sega, PC, PlayStation, Xbox, Gameboy etc.

Now they are grown up but I am the one that likes gaming the most.

Are you sad because you think that gaming is not a legitimate hobby at your age? People spend ridiculous amounts of time and money on crazy hobbies. Crazy hobbies like golf, wine, movies, sports, books, theatre, journeys and collecting art. These activities are more socially acceptable nowdays but  they are in no way "better" in any way than gaming. 

Be proud of your collection and think of all the joy you have had trough gaming and if you can not share this joy with other adults then keep it to yourself.

Missed your post, too! I guess I feel sad every now and then because I miss my cousin. He taught me to love movies, comic books, gaming, outdoors, and everything. He basically programmed me! It's not just games but I often think, "Man, if he could be around to see this."

But, for the most part, I couldn't be happier. I tell my wife all the time that we live a blessed life. I work with a lot of people who have suffered REAL tragedy. Cancer, paralyzed children, losing their mothers, etc. People would kill to have my "problems"!