By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Thor Ragnarok was amazing.

LivingMetal said:
Nymeria said:
It doesn't release in the United States for another week or so. Will see it eventually.

Said the woman with a DC shirt on.

Scandal! I've been exposed as a hack fraud! :D

Around the Network
Nymeria said:
LivingMetal said:

Said the woman with a DC shirt on.

And DC sig.

LivingMetal said:
Nymeria said:

And DC sig.

And Justice League thread! The horror...the horror...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=232416&page=1#

I just can't bring myself to go out to see a marvel movie anymore. Every single one of them is the same happy go lucky, everything is awesome, everything is a joke type of affair. Which, in and of itself is fine.....I have nothing against that sort of flick. I thoroughly enjoy many of them in fact. However, when your films are all part of a huge movie franchise, and you're on like the millionth one, or whatever the fuck they're actually up to these days, and it's all just the same "haha look how fun we are, we're totally not trying too hard" shit over and over again.....I just can't. It's all pointless to me. I'm not invested anymore. Maybe Black Panther will be a little different at least.

It was ok. It was your usual Marvel movie. The comedy was not very though. I think I heard a few chuckles here and there but there was surprisingly few laughs to be had in the movie.

Around the Network

This film was mental. Like seriously, wth was it? Thor went from boring Dark World thing to happily putting in the Content Of Champions as a serious thing and making it funny at the same time. 80s synth music. Comedy genious Korg... Karl Urban as Skurge, was like a spitting image of his character.

I thought it was very good, funnier than Guardians but fit in that style more than the last 2 films.

My only few issues, Warriors 3 were vastly underused. No Sif. And I don't think we'll ever see Enchantress or Balder ever.

Hmm, pie.

I found Guardians of the Galaxy was just as formulaic, bland, predictable as most other super hero films. It really was just the same formula all over again. I don't need to see that Jaws Wars story again. Jaws Wars is basically any blockbuster that fits a bunch of spectacle shots (like different heroes blasting each other with different sorts of powers or blades) over that same plot formula of a hero with powers is here, now a villain (who is dangerous because of how strong and overpowered they are) is up to something terrible (you might or might not yet know what the plan is), and the hero must find a way to stop them. They seem to be making great progress; BUT, when it looks like they're about to succeed, disaster strikes (they're hurt, someone or people die, someone key gets disenchanted and leaves/betrays the hero(es)), but then the hero comes through in the end (although sometimes one of them dies). Sometimes they do a bit of tossing around the plot, but essentially it all breaks down with those plot points in there somewhere - the blockbuster industry pays producers millions of dollars just to make sure their plots have those formulaic points in them.

The satirical approach against the genre with Deadpool and the deviation from the formula with Logan were much more appealing to me.

Is Thor another different sort of film?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

I found Guardians of the Galaxy was just as formulaic, bland, predictable as most other super hero films. It really was just the same formula all over again. I don't need to see that Jaws Wars story again. Jaws Wars is basically any blockbuster that fits a bunch of spectacle shots (like different heroes blasting each other with different sorts of powers or blades) over that same plot formula of a hero with powers is here, now a villain (who is dangerous because of how strong and overpowered they are) is up to something terrible (you might or might not yet know what the plan is), and the hero must find a way to stop them. They seem to be making great progress; BUT, when it looks like they're about to succeed, disaster strikes (they're hurt, someone or people die, someone key gets disenchanted and leaves/betrays the hero(es)), but then the hero comes through in the end (although sometimes one of them dies). Sometimes they do a bit of tossing around the plot, but essentially it all breaks down with those plot points in there somewhere - the blockbuster industry pays producers millions of dollars just to make sure their plots have those formulaic points in them.

The satirical approach against the genre with Deadpool and the deviation from the formula with Logan were much more appealing to me.

Based on this criterian, no. It's a Marvel film.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Jumpin said:

Based on this criterian, no. It's a Marvel film.

Outside of the Fox Marvel flicks, virtually every Marvel blockbuster film is another Jaws Wars. All the Spidermans, the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Dr. Strange, the Hulks, Iron Man, etc... They were all using the same old Jaws Wars formula.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

It's interesting how different people enjoy different movies in different levels.

I think it was alright, but it didn't blow me away or anything. It did have a lot of CG budget though. Just seeing all the animation companies hired in the credits, the movie budget must've been insane.

But it did move the marvel world forward, so that was good. I wanted more doctor strange though. That part was so good.