By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Metroid Prime 4?

PEEPer0nni said:
Player2 said:

Uncharted 4 is a silly name. Got it.

There won't be a 5 because Sony feels what I do. 

Too late. Apparently 4 is big enough to be silly.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Thought this was going to be a Niceguygameplayer thread

"Why is Metroid Prime 4 on Switch? Switch is for kiddie games. Nintendo should develop it for Playstation 4!"

I soooo thought the same thing!  🤣

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Silly thread.

I take it you like movies like Rambo. That confuses people of the series. When they drop the numbering for no reason.

Miyamotoo said:
Silly thread.

I will be correct anyways. MP7 won't happen I can bet on that if they don't perma ban me before 2025 (it happened 2 times alread so it will probably happen in 2018-the year of Playstation).

Around the Network

I thought Dark Samus was Metroid Prime. Since Dark Samus was killed off for good at the end of Corruption, it could use an entire new name. Maybe there will be a new metroid prime and something different will be the focus/main plot while the metroid prime will be a plot device. Similar to how old Metroid games reused bosses, but the overall plot was new and the actual focus. I am hoping this is the case, and I am actually hoping one leading theory on Stylux’s identity is true and that is the main focus. I’m very interested in his arc and motivations.

metroid prime 4 doesn't sound silly.And even if it does for you,if it's a direct sequer to 3,it's better sound silly than be confusing with the timeline.

PEEPer0nni said:
Miyamotoo said:
Silly thread.

I will be correct anyways. MP7 won't happen I can bet on that if they don't perma ban me before 2025 (it happened 2 times alread so it will probably happen in 2018-the year of Playstation).

Lol, are you for real or is this a joke thread? You're telling us that MP7 won't happen because it sounds weird. Wut? I guess Halo 6 won't happen either then.

Anyway, this is probably a new trilogy (MP4, MP5 and MP6), after that they might go to a new direction, or simply rename the series. lol

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

PEEPer0nni said:
SpokenTruth said:

Fall-Out 4

GTA V

Gears of War 4

Resident Evil 7

Mario Kart 8

Far Cry 5

Metal Gear Solid V

Metroid Prime 9

You see how silly it looks?

No?

PEEPer0nni said:
Jumpin said:

Metroid Prime is a series, Mario and Zelda are a franchise. When Nintendo has a series of Mario games they do number them - Super Mario Bros 1, 2, 3; Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2; New Super Mario Bros 1 and 2. 

But there's no point for making other games  than fps (Prime) with the franchise. They have enough platformers so that's how this series is going to look like for the next 10 years.

It depends if they're in the same series or not. Genre is beside the point. Nintendo can develop FPS Metroid games that aren't in the same series, just like they can develop platformer Mario games that aren't in the Mario Galaxy series.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.