By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - One-Off Nintendo Games to Revive?

What one-off Nintendo game would you most like to see be brought back as a franchise?

Wild Gunmen 5 4.67%

Duck Hunt 21 19.63%

Ice Climber 40 37.38%

Mach Rider 5 4.67%

Hogan's Alley 2 1.87%

Clu Clu Land 2 1.87%

Other 32 29.91%

Total:107

Custom Robo was awesome on the Cube.

Around the Network

I don't really know how Ice Climbers can be expanded on, but that has more to do with my small imagination I guess.

I think Star Tropics and Eternal Darkness is the way to go.

It's funny because if Nintendo just mentioned that Amnesia copied Eternal Darkness, or highlighted the fact that that game did the insanity mechanic first, it would probably get at least a million sales, lol.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I don't really know how Ice Climbers can be expanded on, but that has more to do with my small imagination I guess.

It's funny because if Nintendo just mentioned that Amnesia copied Eternal Darkness, or highlighted the fact that that game did the insanity mechanic first, it would probably get at least a million sales, lol.

Eternal Darkness wasn't developed by Nintendo. 

AlfredoTurkey said:

I know it wasn't, but they own the IP. 

AlfredoTurkey said:

But the company released games on PS3, PC, 360... they were basically contracted to release one game on Gamecube and one port of MGS. Eternal Darkness is no more a Nintendo title than Resident Evil remake as far as who had a finger in it's existance. 

The only second party games I'd budge on are Retro and Rare games because Nintendo actually had their own guys working side-by-side on them. 

Diddy Kong Racing is probably the strongest one-off.

Around the Network

For Frog the Bell Tolls

AlfredoTurkey said:

But the company released games on PS3, PC, 360... they were basically contracted to release one game on Gamecube and one port of MGS. Eternal Darkness is no more a Nintendo title than Resident Evil remake as far as who had a finger in it's existance. 

But I don't care if it's the same people making it, they could easily outsource the game to another developer, hell maybe even work with Capcom(yeah that one's not happening). 

This is a pointless argument because the OP is asking us a question about reviving dead franchises that were one-offs, which is something Nintendo isn't even going to do in the first place. My comment is no less unrealistic just because it's not the exact same studio.

(Plus one of the lead devs of the game is already working on a spiritual successor and has talked highly of wanting to make it a Nintendo game, but it probably won't be finished, just an interesting thought).

Don't ask why, I just want a Duck Hunt game ala Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare where Ducks and Dogs fight eachother

CaptainExplosion said:
mZuzek said:
Star Fox 64.

...it was the only one, right?

You serious? XD

Also, I've never heard of For Frog the Bell Tolls.

It was a Japan-only Game Boy game.  The engine was later used in Link’s Awakening.  

Which reminds me of Marvelous on the Super Famicom which was developed by the Link to the Past team.  

Ice Climbers, I think would be perfect as an endless up and down platforming mobile game. As for on dedicated systems... eh, beats me.