By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2B, or not 2B; A Nier: Automata Review

Does a game need to be fun, to be good?

Yes 38 76.00%

No 7 14.00%

See results 5 10.00%

Total:50
b00moscone said:
Having played 2B and 9S' campaigns so far, for me it's pretty good. While each campaign is short (9S' especially only took me 3-4 hours) it allows for a well-crafted one. My one complaint is that some bosses can be utterly overwhelming with their attacks and a lot of them have so much utility it can be frustrating. In addition, there seems to be a large gap between each difficulty modes, where one gives bosses one-hit kills, where in the other the same move only deals 1/5 damage. I'm looking forward to play the other campaigns though.

I played on normal.
I just spammed left click the whole time.

Using the chip system I became indestructible.
Even if I was hurt, I would just instantly regen so fast that it was, of no consequence.

Combat was a chore.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
vivster said:

But it is literally ass as in an actual ass, but not figuratively ass as in bad.

You really should look up words before using them.

You are talking about a game, not an actual ass. Unless this is not a review, but just something made from someone whos bored.

EDIT: Wait! Im not even talking to the person. Where did you come from?

I am the defender of literal correctness. If you don't see this game as literal ass, you're not looking at it the right way.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

b00moscone said:
Having played 2B and 9S' campaigns so far, for me it's pretty good. While each campaign is short (9S' especially only took me 3-4 hours) it allows for a well-crafted one. My one complaint is that some bosses can be utterly overwhelming with their attacks and a lot of them have so much utility it can be frustrating. In addition, there seems to be a large gap between each difficulty modes, where one gives bosses one-hit kills, where in the other the same move only deals 1/5 damage. I'm looking forward to play the other campaigns though.

The third playthrough, (when you get to play as A2) is when the story really gets going. Also make sure you read the Pearl harbour descent story as it gives more light on certain characters including A2.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
b00moscone said:

The third playthrough, (when you get to play as A2) is when the story really gets going. Also make sure you read the Pearl harbour descent story as it gives more light on certain characters including A2.

I did like A2.
She was quite refreshing after playing as 9S.

caffeinade said:
b00moscone said:

I played on normal.
I just spammed left click the whole time.

Using the chip system I became indestructible.
Even if I was hurt, I would just instantly regen so fast that it was, of no consequence.

Combat was a chore.

Yes, comparing this game to another of Platinum's works, Bayonetta had way more combos and varied weapons that in my opinion made actual combat better. I guess though more emphasis was on the chips, which makes you mess with the game in a number of ways. I guess if you wanted it to be more challenging, you could've swapped and messed with the chips. Putting it on a harder mode too may have helped, though in my experience it ratcheted up the difficulty to an almost unfair level.

StokedUp said:
b00moscone said:

I see I see, i have heard that A2's story is the highlight, so i'm looking forward to it! Also where could i read up on this 'Pearl Harbour' story?

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Just so you know, the mod team eventually banned MrBubbles for this kind of reviews.

Or even for these thread titles, threads like this break a ton of rules.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
RolStoppable said:
Just so you know, the mod team eventually banned MrBubbles for this kind of reviews.

Yep.

-

Firstly, can we please have more descriptive thread titles? While many will know you're talking about Nier: Automata with your 2B inclusion, many others will simply not know what your thread is about.

Secondly, can we please have some actual content in your reviews? I'm sure there is an overall point to what you're doing, but just handing out low scores with minimal actual content or reasoning comes over as you trying to get a rise out of people.

I'll leave this open and update your thread title to be more in line with your previous review, but if you create another one with a similar lack of content and reasoning, don't be surprised to see it locked.

Future tip.

When I update your thread title, you leave it as I updated it.

Carl2291 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Yep.

-

Firstly, can we please have more descriptive thread titles? While many will know you're talking about Nier: Automata with your 2B inclusion, many others will simply not know what your thread is about.

Secondly, can we please have some actual content in your reviews? I'm sure there is an overall point to what you're doing, but just handing out low scores with minimal actual content or reasoning comes over as you trying to get a rise out of people.

I'll leave this open and update your thread title to be more in line with your previous review, but if you create another one with a similar lack of content and reasoning, don't be surprised to see it locked.

I never wanted to have scores in my reviews; the community seemed to want them for some reason.

Destiny 2 should get an average - positive review; unless the game does something like force me though a mediocre story twice to get a somewhat better one.
Super Mario Odyssey seemingly, can do no wrong so that review will likely be glowing.

I doubt I will review any games past Super Mario Odyssey, so there is no real need to worry about this being an ongoing thing.

Making the reviews longer would kinda ruin it.
I was initially going to do a haiku for today's review, but found it would not offer me the freedom I needed to express myself.