By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 'Amazing' games that you hate!

Seeing Jumpin's thread on 'Crappy games you find fun' (Link: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=232336&page=1) I thought it would be interesting to see what games that scored amazingly didn't seem to tickle your fancy.

Personally, i don't have any standouts, but i believe that Darksiders II (At least on Wii U) was too buggy and fairly basic for the 85 on Metacritic got. Still a solid game mind you, but i'd be willing to knock off at least 10 points.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Around the Network

Uncharted (1 & 2 at least). They just weren't fun, and the gameplay seemed dated by the time I played them. Bleh...
Also Shovel Knight. It sucks.

Title is a bit contradictory, because it makes it seem like a well-received, critically acclaimed game that one hates to death, whereas the OP itself just merely deducts some points. It's more like "what games you consider overrated" rather than hating, no?

On the idea of "hate" per se, and while I don't really truly hate videogames, there are some franchises I hate, with most of their games (there are some exceptions here and there) being on my blacklist. To name some offenders:

· Mario Kart 8

· Monster Hunter Tri

· Pokemon Sun & Moon

· Sonic CD

All these (except Monster Hunter, but almost got it) somehow managed to score over 85 metacritic. I'm baffled as of how.

I don't like To the Moon at all. So much talk about that "masterpiece" and never even mention the problems of its themes.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Pokemon X/Y were by far the weakest in the series. I would easily take off 20 points from the metacritc score of the game. It's stunning to me that the games managed more than an 85 meta.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

I didn't like Pokémon Black & White, those games made me leave the series until X & Y came out.

Skyrim and GTA5 are incredibly boring.

Wright said:

Title is a bit contradictory, because it makes it seem like a well-received, critically acclaimed game that one hates to death, whereas the OP itself just merely deducts some points. It's more like "what games you consider overrated" rather than hating, no?

On the idea of "hate" per se, and while I don't really truly hate videogames, there are some franchises I hate, with most of their games (there are some exceptions here and there) being on my blacklist. To name some offenders:

· Mario Kart 8

· Monster Hunter Tri

· Pokemon Sun & Moon

· Sonic CD

All these (except Monster Hunter, but almost got it) somehow managed to score over 85 metacritic. I'm baffled as of how.

Um...you've played Mario Kart 8 right?

flashfire926 said:
Pokemon X/Y were by far the weakest in the series. I would easily take off 20 points from the metacritc score of the game. It's stunning to me that the games managed more than an 85 meta.

A lot of people seem to dislike X&Y, I don't get why. They were waaay better than Sun & Moon imo.

I didn´t like Mario Sunshine, Zelda Skyward Sword, God of War Ascension, Phantom Pain, among others....oh, and more recently, Nioh...had high hopes for it but it just got boring quickly.